Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Default Why are English footballers so reluctant to move to other European leagues?

Why are English footballers so reluctant to move to other European leagues?

Maybe the main explanation for the scarcity of English football exports to Europe lies in something simple: a fear of learning foreign languages. This is something ingrained into the English psyche from a young age, where very few youngsters embrace learning another language and then, in later years, see it as a largely futile practice given the widespread general assumption that pretty much everybody already speaks English.
    This and wages IMO, but Brits weren't moving before the Premier League got rich anyway. Language is a fucking stupid reason not to move abroad. The family and kids argument is flimsy (given that European players come here with families) but vaguely defendable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

vCash

Best league in the world and all friends + family here, no need to move abroad + wages like you said.

If I was a footballer in PL I wouldn't move my family and leave friends to play in Spain for sporting gijon for less money as well.

Unless it's a big club and big wages then staying in England >>>>>

London if you're rich >>>>>
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Reppin
    Birmingham
    vCash

In my opinion it shows a lack of ambition & fear of change. There are so many opportunities for young British players to play top flight football, if only they could see it.

A couple of years abroad learning a new language, embracing a new culture and way of life sounds like an absolute dream. If money was no object I wouldn't be living in Britain.

Re: languages, plenty of thick cunts like Carlos Tevez play here and don't speak a word of English then leave seven years later no better off so it is doable even if you have no intention of learning anything (though pretty stupid). And most countries around the world (particularly the footballing big boys of Europe like Germany, Spain, Italy, France + Scandinavian countries especially) all have a decent grasp of English anyway.

The education system should be reformed as well in my opinion, a secondary language should be taught at a younger age (5-6 when you have the best learning capacity up until you leave school). Doing half an hour or hour a week from 11-16 is pretty pointless. If you've ever attempted to learn a new language and then spoke with native speakers it's a shock how much better they are at English than we are at any secondary language.

Lunik 9 is offline Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    In my opinion it shows a lack of ambition & fear of change. There are so many opportunities for young British players to play top flight football, if only they could see it.

A couple of years abroad learning a new language, embracing a new culture and way of life sounds like an absolute dream. If money was no object I wouldn't be living in Britain.

Re: languages, plenty of thick cunts like Carlos Tevez play here and don't speak a word of English then leave seven years later no better off so it is doable even if you have no intention of learning anything (though pretty stupid). And most countries around the world (particularly the footballing big boys of Europe like Germany, Spain, Italy, France + Scandinavian countries especially) all have a decent grasp of English anyway.

The education system should be reformed as well in my opinion, a secondary language should be taught at a younger age (5-6 when you have the best learning capacity up until you leave school). Doing half an hour or hour a week from 11-16 is pretty pointless. If you've ever attempted to learn a new language and then spoke with native speakers it's a shock how much better they are at English than we are at any secondary language.
    This

Still baffled that Ince chose Hull over Inter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Asesino View Post
    used to hide my bars under a rock on the estate cos i was scared my mum would see them

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gai Sensei View Post
    Best league in the world and all friends + family here, no need to move abroad + wages like you said.

If I was a footballer in PL I wouldn't move my family and leave friends to play in Spain for sporting gijon for less money as well.

You'd rather live in Norwich/Sunderland/Swansea over Gijon? There's no/little difference in a footballers lifestyle if you earn 10k a week over 5k a week, the weather is better, the houses are cheaper, no press, less pressure, Spanish birds>>>>>>>>English birds, there is such thing as Skype in 2016 (family and friends) etc etc

Madrid/Milan/Barca/Paris/etc if your rich>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>London imo

But yh English people in general are scared of change and live their whole life in a comfort zone tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    I know, I know we like to par Arsenal but they are miles ahead of us
    Quote Originally Posted by The Narcissist View Post
    Should've dumped Rooney when we had the chance and began a rebuild around mata imo
    Show us your GCSE papers
    lol

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

If I was playing for Bournemouth or Sunderland I would consider it. I'm sure a Sevilla player wouldn't move the Premiership to play for Bournemouth - need to compare like for like.

Besides most footballers aren't on big money at a big club. It's players like Ince, young players struggling to make a break in England who are not entertaining or giving up great opportunities to play abroad for nonsensical reasons.

whattywhatwhat is offline Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    vCash

English players arent suited to the continent. The best are playing for the the best British clubs, rest are not up to it

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Jarsy1 is offline I'm a man with a lot of Pride
    So it's standard I gotta type
    vCash

Don't need too. They're playing at home, some for the team they support, getting loads of money. A lot of foreign players playing in the Premier league rarely leave unless the club wants to sell them or maybe they want to go back to their home country. If one of the top teams like Real or Barca or Bayern, etc come in for them then it is a different story but they are only going to come in for the very best and even then players like Gerrard, Carragher, I think Lampard also have rejected big European clubs.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jarsy1 View Post
    Don't need too. They're playing at home, some for the team they support, getting loads of money.
    Could apply that theory to any league in the world. French players playing in Ligue 1 or Spanish players in La Liga.

A lot of foreign players playing in the Premier league rarely leave unless the club wants to sell them or maybe they want to go back to their home country.
    Generalisation back up with no evidence. I can list a load of foreign players who used to be at Arsenal who have left to go abroad to non-Real/Barca teams, and that's just one club.

If one of the top teams like Real or Barca or Bayern, etc come in for them then it is a different story but they are only going to come in for the very best and even then players like Gerrard, Carragher, I think Lampard also have rejected big European clubs.
    That's the point. Why?

vCash

Foreigners don't rate us technically they think we're shit

Z Ziggler is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    vCash

We've had very few exports from this country for as long as I can remember. It was a huge deal when Platt, Walker and Gazza made it to Italy.

Generally speaking, many English people don't speak a second language because English is also an international language, so they're not compelled too. By contrast, most foreigners speak at least two languages for one reason or another.

Maybe it's because we're an Island effectively and don't have to often cross borders to communicate.

vCash

We aren't respected as technically proficient. More run your heart out sort of guise.

vCash

that's great