Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97
  1. #41
    Dust Head1's Avatar
    Dust Head1 is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    possibly to get feedback on this tune snowman?


  2. #42
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    In a Lab.
    Posts
    1,325
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dust Head1 View Post
    possibly to get feedback on this tune snowman?

    Really like this tbh bro like the structure, bass and the bridge/piano bit halfway through, the synth almost reminds me of a track off gta vice city cant remember which one but has an 80s vibe to that synth.

    If i had to be picky and change anything myself i would bring my drums a bit higher in the mix and/or bring the stab/pad sound that is throughout lower in the mix, i would maybe even try the final "drop/verse" or at least a section somewhere with just bass, drums, piano and maybe another sound but without the stabby synth just to add some variant as it started to drain on my ears by the end

    BTW did anyone actually listen to my track i uploaded just for this topic lol?

    17 plays all from this topic but no feedback

    https://soundcloud.com/mistersnowman...m-clip/s-SZqS7
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #43
    Dust Head1's Avatar
    Dust Head1 is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [Mr_SnoWman] View Post
    Really like this tbh bro like the structure, bass and the bridge/piano bit halfway through, the synth almost reminds me of a track off gta vice city cant remember which one but has an 80s vibe to that synth.

    If i had to be picky and change anything myself i would bring my drums a bit higher in the mix and/or bring the stab/pad sound that is throughout lower in the mix, i would maybe even try the final "drop/verse" or at least a section somewhere with just bass, drums, piano and maybe another sound but without the stabby synth just to add some variant as it started to drain on my ears by the end

    BTW did anyone actually listen to my track i uploaded just for this topic lol?

    17 plays all from this topic but no feedback

    https://soundcloud.com/mistersnowman...m-clip/s-SZqS7
    great feedback thank you.

    your tune there is sounding rugged man great atmosphere i would maybe add a sort of swith up with a hi pitched fast plucky melody like pizzcatto strings perhaps when the drop comes back in

  4. #44
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    In a Lab.
    Posts
    1,325
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Your welcome.

    Appreciate your feedback, funnily enough there is something similar to what you suggested later in the track as a 3rd drop, thanks for listening!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #45
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Reppin
    Dublin, Ireland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dust Head1 View Post
    possibly to get feedback on this tune snowman?

    Loving this beat!
    Synths are lush

  6. #46
    Dust Head1's Avatar
    Dust Head1 is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skydroid View Post
    Loving this beat!
    Synths are lush
    Thanks

  7. #47
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Age
    23
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey yo snowman,

    can I get some feedback on my latest production?
    It's still private as it's in stealth mode.

    https://soundcloud.com/entlemanwami/grime-test/s-Q7G1E

  8. #48
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Reppin
    Kent
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,706
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    127

    Default



    Any feedback on this?

    Also any tips on mixing down/eq'ing/compression etc as i feel thats the most difficult part

  9. #49
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Reppin
    Bristol
    Posts
    417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stile09 View Post


    Any feedback on this?

    Also any tips on mixing down/eq'ing/compression etc as i feel thats the most difficult part
    You need to sidechain the bass/ kick drums so you can hear the difference between them

  10. #50
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Reppin
    Kent
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,706
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirHiss_GR View Post
    You need to sidechain the bass/ kick drums so you can hear the difference between them
    Have No Idea What That Means lol

  11. #51
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Reppin
    Bristol
    Posts
    417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stile09 View Post
    Have No Idea What That Means lol
    What program are you using?

  12. #52
    rigby is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Anyone on here an Ableton user?

  13. #53
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Reppin
    Kent
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,706
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirHiss_GR View Post
    What program are you using?
    FL Studio

  14. #54
    Join Date
    January 2016
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    Im kinda new to prroducing, grime especially. Currently using logic which ive read up on to try learn and get used to before actually beginning to make music but considering maybe going for reason or FL to get used to production more before continuing with logic.

    This is a beat I made, it sounds so soft and like a kids menu grime beat. I can't seem to get it as heavy as I want and didn't know if any of you had tips for learning how get better and tips for me to progress as a producer.

    This was made using stock sounds in logic so don't know if thats a factor as well.

    Cheers

    This is the beat:

    https://soundcloud.com/phase97/skipp...nippet/s-fQnYK

  15. #55
    Dust Head1's Avatar
    Dust Head1 is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stile09 View Post
    FL Studio
    Sidechain compression in where the bass ducks out when your kick and bass play at the same time, youtube fl stydio sidechain tutorial, really essential that you learn this

  16. #56
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    In a Lab.
    Posts
    1,325
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Swami View Post
    Hey yo snowman,

    can I get some feedback on my latest production?
    It's still private as it's in stealth mode.

    https://soundcloud.com/entlemanwami/grime-test/s-Q7G1E
    Feeling this the most of what you have posted so far, would personally add some effects to some of the sounds that drive the melody once its dropped but thats just imo

    Biggup

    Quote Originally Posted by Stile09 View Post


    Any feedback on this?

    Also any tips on mixing down/eq'ing/compression etc as i feel thats the most difficult part
    this is a banger bro, if it was mixed down a bit cleaner and less muddy, maybe use a better vst for the string riff and side chain your kick like everyone else suggested get that mixed down and sent out to dj's

    Quote Originally Posted by rigby View Post
    Anyone on here an Ableton user?
    What do you need ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phase97 View Post
    Hi,

    Im kinda new to prroducing, grime especially. Currently using logic which ive read up on to try learn and get used to before actually beginning to make music but considering maybe going for reason or FL to get used to production more before continuing with logic.

    This is a beat I made, it sounds so soft and like a kids menu grime beat. I can't seem to get it as heavy as I want and didn't know if any of you had tips for learning how get better and tips for me to progress as a producer.

    This was made using stock sounds in logic so don't know if thats a factor as well.

    Cheers

    This is the beat:

    https://soundcloud.com/phase97/skipp...nippet/s-fQnYK
    Bro you have all the right ideas i was thinking it was a professional track till the bass synth dropped so i know what you been about making it heavier etc.. feeling the ideas you have there intro reminds me of a garage vibe.

    if i was to giv you any tips or advice look into tutorials on the basics of synthesis and layering different sounds within a synth thats how you will fatten up those sounds before you use any effects etc.. maybe get massive for logic and go from there. i personally would stick with logic now your into it as im guessing your using a mac, really FL is only good for being very quick at doing simple things which improves productivity, reason is good as its internal wiring and built in synths are fantastic, fundamentally they all do the same thing, find out which works best for you.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  17. #57
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Age
    23
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [Mr_SnoWman] View Post
    Feeling this the most of what you have posted so far, would personally add some effects to some of the sounds that drive the melody once its dropped but thats just imo

    Biggup
    Ey, yo, thanks man.

    People seem to be slippin on this since I dropped it -- I like your idea about the extra effects, i'll take that into account as it would really help the track. I'mma keep posting here till you say i've posted a banger, then imma drop an album for you to review.

    Speak soon

  18. #58
    rigby is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    @[Mr_SnoWman]

    Was just wondering if anyone could recommend any good VSTs like, I'm using NI Massive and it's just waay too complex for me to get my head round it cos I'm still pretty new to making beats, also just curious cos don't hear it mentioned much for grime but my mate makes sick soulection style stuff on it

  19. #59
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Age
    23
    Posts
    42
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rigby View Post
    @[Mr_SnoWman]

    Was just wondering if anyone could recommend any good VSTs like, I'm using NI Massive and it's just waay too complex for me to get my head round it cos I'm still pretty new to making beats, also just curious cos don't hear it mentioned much for grime but my mate makes sick soulection style stuff on it
    I'm an Ableton user and I find the operator synth to be amazing -- It is the default that comes with ableton

  20. #60
    rigby is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Age
    21
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    @Gentleman Swami sound I'll have a play with that tonight then

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •