Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

And not a single post ITT was read

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lufcdan24 View Post
    grime just became different to what it was, now its full of instrumentals that are too complex to be grime and mc's that just wanna buy yeezys off their new ep and people like p money saying did you catch that after every punch line. grime just doesnt rly exist anymore its all this new wave shit which isnt rly grime its just using the name grime so it has a platform ready for it. imo it will never be even similar to what it once was, skepta making thats not me doesnt mean grime is back lol just means he did a throwback to a scene that used to exist to regain support.
    I remember the stick we used to get from garage and dnb heads about how poor the productions were back in the day, people would straight up laugh at pulse x. I'm happy when I listen to grime in 2015 that production values have improved and evolved drastically, i take that as a real positive. It's the reason I fell in love with it all over again in 2010.

adamba17 is offline Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Narcissist View Post
    And not a single post ITT was read
    Surely u prefer ppl talking about grime properly? That's what u seem to want usually...

vCash

Default Actual discussion as to why grime seems to have lost its bite these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Siktrix View Post
    I remember the stick we used to get from garage and dnb heads about how poor the productions were back in the day, people would straight up laugh at pulse x. I'm happy when I listen to grime in 2015 that production values have improved and evolved drastically, i take that as a real positive. It's the reason I fell in love with it all over again in 2010.
    No offence but fuck them garage and d n b heads. I like them guys but that's their thing and this our thing. Grime is inherently a raw sound.
    Last edited by adamba17; 19th February '15 at 06:55 PM.

devilboy is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    vCash

You cant diss Garage/Dnb

Its why grime is about

Dubstep owes alot to grime.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    No offence but fuck them garage and d n b heads. I like them guys but that's their thing and this our thing. Grime is inherently a raw sound.
    No offence? Why would your opinion on other people/music offend me?

They were correct in that our production values were terrible but we were all young, it taught a lot of people to better themselves.

Capri Sun is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Reppin
    Dunya
    vCash

#RNS

Grime is living on borrowed time. It died out for a few years then came back but the double dip recession soon come.

Grime never really came back anyway. There wasn't no Grime 2.0. It was just one big old renaissance with all the MCs making 'throwback tracks' (Skepta being the biggest culprit). So many 'golden age' themed tracks but they're trying too hard. They aren't just putting out greazy bars on hard beats, they're doing all this retro vintage shit all over their videos too.

It is all good for now but when this renaissance vibe dies out where will the innovation come from? We cannot have a renaissance of a renaissance. Grime is and will forever be a niche genre from here on out.

vCash

Default Actual discussion as to why grime seems to have lost its bite these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Siktrix View Post
    No offence? Why would your opinion on other people/music offend me?

They were correct in that our production values were terrible but we were all young, it taught a lot of people to better themselves.
    Not no offence to you, no offence to them guys coz I grew up on all that stuff there. I love that music but they just need to do their thing and not watch us all the time (I know a few garage mcs/djs from back in the day and they are always going on about grime ruined this grime ruined that...)

Production values may have been "terrible" but people bump them tunes a lot more than the recent ones still...

Anyway there's a difference between simplicity and production values. Simplicity was the key.

vCash

Ah mate this thread is to much.

imo the bars have always been the same, just different types of mc's

also the scene was more tight knitted back in the day as most lived next to each other/went same school
    they say wiley, terror danjah and esco etc etc went to the same college

now its a bit different

all in all i think people are more let down by the product than anything else.

brb doin a poo x
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grime 2 View Post
    also the scene was more tight knitted back in the day as most lived next to each other/went same school
    they say wiley, terror danjah and esco etc etc went to the same college
    Yeah my college, Redbridge. Hold tight all my East London tug dem
    @Stretch DR lol

Stretch DR is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    Reppin
    Crane Kicks
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    Yeah my college, Redbridge. Hold tight all my East London tug dem
    @Stretch DR lol
    lmao

#MansConnectedToMoreGangsThanRossKemp

vCash

I never mentioned this before, but I also used to do a paper round with MC vapour

Who wants to touch me? Who wants to fucking touch me?!

Dust Head1 is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    vCash

i think people arent fans of stuff in the same way they were pre broadband/wifi/youtube

people dont really lock in to thing like sets that much any more they just catch a podcast of it on soundcloud skip through it then on to the next thing, there is no longer any legendary sets like that anymore. The most recent one to me would be ruff sqwad boiler room as its the only set that i have gave multiple listen in the past few years.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ShaoDow View Post
    Ludacris was one of the main reasons I started rapping.
    you have to laugh

Reppin
    birmingham
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    you have to laugh
    😂😂😂

Reppin
    Jungle Swamp
    vCash

its been better the last couple years than the couple years before that.

Too many people don't listen to modern grime just a couple tracks on radio & claim it sucks

vCash

the kids like izzie gibbs who wont clash unless its for money like theyve been around for years and do this as a serious profession

notsanice is offline I Ain't One Of Those Posters
    That You Wanna Go Against
    Reppin
    West Country
    vCash

needs an overhaul

Grime has been diluted, some call their tunes grime for attention, or because they're a grime MC so automatically what they make must be too, or because they say it is.

Needs a subgenre imo to refresh it, go back to the original sound and style, get rid of the stigma attached to the name Grime, new wave old school.

could call it eskibeat, sounds cold
    Last edited by notsanice; 19th February '15 at 10:55 PM.
    'Used to be seen on the screen, then feared that the images of my face were being used for reasons obscene'
    'I've got the Intel to find where you reside, with the Devil Inside increasing my drive / you best hope you're not the next to cross my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    KA and Ghetts together >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Beatles

Reppin
    EDN Shadaloo
    vCash

The loss of a dancehall format and when 'swag' hip hop became dominant was when some MCs stopped trying to be unique and all started to do grime (that wasn't very unique) and UK Rap (because all the top MC's were doing it) probably cause they felt they were repping where they were from without risking ruining their image and without having to translate their image to the wider audience they wanted.

A loss of important personalities and consistent work put in by the one's still in the scene led to ppl running to other genres reducing the number of memorable MCs during that time.
    If dubstep had brostep, then grime scene has trap. Producers at one point didn't help at all at catering to the grime scene and tried to get a mainstream audience by making trap and calling it grime. Thank fuck for the new producers bringing unique styles and the sort of eskibeat revival but without crews (with DJs, MCs and Producers) pushing their own individual style it seems a bit futile.
    I think some golden age MCs and producers need to release all they're unreleased stuff to generate interest and move on to work on new sounds.
    Roll Deep will never make a comeback to grime unless they do a reunion set with past members. Boy Better Know will never be completely accepted until they get rid of certain MCs. Grime has lost it's bite because there's a lack of spontaneous surprises but it is getting better and it will peak eventually to a point where it will be the genre anyone cares about. If grime musicians across the UK stop getting a twisted view of bad grime that seems to get more publicity and take it back to what grime really was then grime spreading outside of London can actually beneficial. But as I said the scene is getting better and will be restored.
    Scottish grime mc & producer:

Grimecraft is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    Reppin
    Your mums yard
    vCash

theres only so many ways to discribe slumping man or describing the hardship of life over a beat. Everyone sounds like a rebore of a rebore. Members of the square say "bet you thought i was gunna say..." like say Merky Ace wasn't spraying those bars in 2011.

UKHH or Road Rap or w/e took the violence and spun it off into a much darker grittier genre, look at the 67k videos for example and i think that sole a lot of grimes fanbase. Rappers like K Koke and DVS did the roadside struggle songs better than grime artists with few exceptions (Dot Rotton being an example of that)

an obsession with professionalism in a genre infamous for lacking any also doesn't help. Grime used to be unplayable in clubs and the police tried hard to lock it off, and it was killing the scene. But it's easy to blame the police and say the government shut down grime but MC's acted the way they did; getting rushed on radio happened and it drove off major investers. MC's had to soften thier sounds to get acceptance and thats contributed to it. Fans might have liked the rawness of the Grime scene but labels didn't, and ultimately too many people pirating music ate up any chance of financial success of going without a label.

So MC's had to adapt to the police strangling the scene and poor consumer sales and the result was a softening of the sound.

just my two cents i could be wrong.