Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket

vCash

the ashes is class

vCash

Absolutely gutted for Cook, that was gut wrenching today.

A brilliant innings regardless, just a shame no century. Done a lot to relieve the pressure on himself as a batsman today.

Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BDM View Post
    Absolutely gutted for Cook, that was gut wrenching today.

A brilliant innings regardless, just a shame no century. Done a lot to relieve the pressure on himself as a batsman today.

Reppin
    Birmingham
    vCash

Cricket is fucking shite.

Could see myself getting into Tennis though, excellent sport.
    Lots of action, very little dead time, physically demanding, easy to understand and no 0-0's.

Tennis

vCash

We've found a superstar here, shades of KP, big shots, high in confidence, such an exciting player. Hope his keeping is up to scratch. He couldn't have justified his place any better.

Happy for Bell too, getting in amongst the runs again with a terrific knock.

Excited about the prospect of Buttler, Ballance and Root, all exciting prospects, potential superstars.

vCash

Jimmy!!

Great performance from the batsmen........now over to the bowlers.

Reppin
    cunch
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    Cricket is fucking shite.

Could see myself getting into Tennis though, excellent sport.
    Lots of action, very little dead time, physically demanding, easy to understand and no 0-0's.

Tennis
    Crickets one of them sports I can follow on BBC Website and catch the highlights, but can't watch a whole game.

Like the way test matches are so long over 5 days, rather than just a couple hours. That said I couldn't sit and watch 5 days of cricket, let alone an hour.

Always interesting to follow England due to all the arguements and shit that come up in the camp and the Ashes.
    The poverty driven seem to have and they're moaning on top of having and I can't help but say that because it's just what I've experienced - Wiley

Quote Originally Posted by Come Correct View Post
    Guys a flop for his country. The last time Argentina did remotely well when the big boys were involved, Diego Forlan was carrying the squad. Do your research.

vCash

Blimey, Morgan takes over as captain.

I didn't expect that to happen. I thought we'd limp through the World Cup first and then Cook would retire from the onedayers to concentrate on Test cricket.

vCash

Anyone watching the World cup?

Not even surprised at this tbh. We are inferior in every department for one day and T20 cricket.

vCash

Literally turned up to just to make up the numbers. Was it 2011 we were top in all 3 formats in the world? Seems a decade ago.

The ODI and T20 teams have very little character, style or substance. Big changes needed imo.

ohjohnno is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    vCash

before the new zealand series i was expecting us to be well beaten in the ashes. after that i thought wed put a bit of a fight but still lose. so i hold my hands up im a bit shocked by the result and even more so by cooks captaincy. i didnt think he had it in him to show such imagination.

this team could go on and prove to be the best in world but i thought that in 2005 too.

and without putting too much of a downer on it, the aussies were really awful at times particularly their batsman.

Z Ziggler is offline They Couldn't Test My Posting On A Level
    vCash

Didn't know we had a Cricket thread.

Never been more pleased to be wrong the big difference came when Peter Moores was sacked our cricket from that point improved by about 500%. Australia have been flat track bullies since Warne, McGrath retired, if you give it back to them and get on top of them they fold completely they don't produce any gutsy batsmen anymore and their bowlers are all streaky without any real consistency.

Two excellent performances by us back to back i was really pleased for Stokes who bowled as well as Flintoff in his prime in the second innings. Pleased to be wrong about Root who was excellent all series and is easily one of the best 5 batsmen in the world.

The only disappointments from this series were Ballance, Lyth and Buttler. Ballance i am sure will be back but he needs to be a bit more assured in his approach in defence and attack. Lyth i felt sorry for him he should have played in the West Indies ahead of Trott he was thrown into the deep end and apart from at Headingly he has been found wanting. Buttler has had a blip but I am sure it is only just that.

As for the next series against Pakistan we need to learn from our previous tour their where we batted too defensively against their spinners. If we come out and play positive I have no doubts we can win.

As for the next test don't pick Anderson their is no point let him rest until the winter I would be inclined to still give another opener an opportunity even though Lyth has been part of the winning side he hasn't contributed at all in terms of runs and if he fails again we are looking for a new opener for the next series. I would save Rashid until the winter and stick with the same bowling attack it will do the other fast bowlers good too practice for when Jimmy begins to slow down.

Also wanted to add that the first day of this test was the greatest day of cricket to ever be played.

vCash

you are right says.