Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Bocat Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    l0l fuckin weird u posted this, i got choc caramel 2.5kg pouch for 1st time yday and dont like it either

    im gona soldier it out tho and try choc mint next. got bored of choc smooth. choc smooth taste nice with oats, banana etc
    yeah ive had choc smooth before jus not ever mixed anything. will buy a big one of that

    @John Travolta what u think of maltodextrin?

    and do u recommend peanut butter, banana oats etc mixed in both pre and post workout shakes?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Reppin
    Leeds
    Posts
    8,406
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Travolta View Post
    nah some off the shelf gainers do have low gi carbs in aswell. You do need high gi carbs you know (e.g. sugar) especially post work out (when most people take their gainer shake...) as it spikes insulin within the body driving the protein you've just drank direct to your muscles along with any other nutrients you take in at the same time....the same way insulin will drive fat ingested to be stored when it is spiked by eating high gi carbs. That is the reality of ALL weight gain, muscle or fat, so technically dietary fat doesn't make you fat.
    Fair enough, I always assumed they were just full of shit tbh as I gained a lot of fat on Hyperbolic Mass by USN. At the same time I didn't know half the shit I do now either so that will have been why. Used to have mine on a morning aswell even though I worked out on an evening.

    Trying to tell people to stop skipping fats is a hassle aswell, no matter who I say it to they always think I'm being dumb. Having a girlfriend who constantly buys low fat foods is a pain in the arse aswell but no matter what I say they wont ever listen.
    Last edited by NSF; 8th May '13 at 08:36 PM.

  3. #23
    John Travolta's Avatar
    John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    4,752
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    yeah ive had choc smooth before jus not ever mixed anything. will buy a big one of that

    @John Travolta what u think of maltodextrin?

    and do u recommend peanut butter, banana oats etc mixed in both pre and post workout shakes?
    nah not pre, pre workout 20g of protein max and some solid, simple carbs for energy. post work out 30-40g protein and 30-50g simple carbs to spike insulin and help the protein reach the muscles. maltodextrin is a simple carb and used post work out for exactly the reason I just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSF View Post
    Fair enough, I always assumed they were just full of shit tbh as I gained a lot of fat on Hyperbolic Mass by USN. At the same time I didn't know half the shit I do now either so that will have been why. Used to have mine on a morning aswell even though I worked out on an evening.

    Trying to tell people to stop skipping fats is a hassle aswell, no matter who I say it to they always think I'm being dumb. Having a girlfriend who constantly buys low fat foods is a pain in the arse aswell but no matter what I say they wont ever listen.
    Yeah some people have their gainers at different times but you get my point. Low fat stuff = chemical criss cross of all sorts of shit, think of stuff similar to e numbers lol. fuck low fat foods
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #24
    Bocat Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Travolta View Post
    nah not pre, pre workout 20g of protein max and some solid, simple carbs for energy. post work out 30-40g protein and 30-50g simple carbs to spike insulin and help the protein reach the muscles. maltodextrin is a simple carb and used post work out for exactly the reason I just said.


    Yeah some people have their gainers at different times but you get my point. Low fat stuff = chemical criss cross of all sorts of shit, think of stuff similar to e numbers lol. fuck low fat foods
    is it fucking pointless me doing loads of cardio and jogging then while eating shit loads, working hard and taking maltodextrin (in the shake obvi)

  5. #25
    John Travolta's Avatar
    John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    4,752
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    is it fucking pointless me doing loads of cardio and jogging then while eating shit loads, working hard and taking maltodextrin (in the shake obvi)
    cardio will be good for cv health i wouldn't over do it though. there is no way you can add muscle whilst leaning up especially natural.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #26
    John Travolta's Avatar
    John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    4,752
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    137

    Default

    @Bocat just realised i've been getting maltodextrin confused with dextrose, its the other way round....malto is high gi (complex carb) and should just be used to make up a weight gainer shake/supplement your total bulking carbs. Dextrose is for post work out as its a simple carb and will spike insulin.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #27
    Bocat Guest

    Default

    Ah seen. So dextrose is ideal to add to my post workout shake to basically speed up the time it takes for the protein to get into my muscles? I'm not sure which to go for.. What would you suggest?

  8. #28
    John Travolta's Avatar
    John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    4,752
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    137

    Default

    Think of everything you do training and diet wise as a natural as chipping away at sculpting your physique, the things that do work are slow and need to be consistent, you need patience to see them work. Like the insulin thing, it will help but if you had pick budget wise on something fr weight gain or something to spike insulin, the weight gain would be more bang for your buck. Once your comfortable with your routine and stick to a diet 5/6 days a week then maybe look in to doing a mild cycle, I keep saying I'm going to go back on soon but keep putting it off. The difference is night and day training and results wise. You go from chipping away to using a sledgehammer, so to speak.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #29
    Romelu Lukaku's Avatar
    Romelu Lukaku is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Reppin
    Derby
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Travolta View Post
    Think of everything you do training and diet wise as a natural as chipping away at sculpting your physique
    Good way of looking at it tbh

  10. #30
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Posts
    7,732
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    126

    Default

    been taking my creatine with honey recently feels good man

  11. #31
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What is the best idea for the muscles recovery "eating the protein supplements or eating the natural protein foods".
    I think eating the natural and organic protein is the best idea for the muscles recovery and weight management because natural protein foods provide real nutrition.
    Last edited by Curtis; 26th October '13 at 05:48 PM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  12. #32
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Protein is important nutrition for muscles and strength. If someone wants good muscles then it is good to use protein in food. Protein shake is also very useful for bodybuilding and muscles.
    Last edited by SteveAllen; 8th February '14 at 07:16 AM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Similar Threads

  1. Protein
    By quality in forum Gym
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 14th October '13, 02:07 PM
  2. Protein Tax
    By quality in forum Gym
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 3rd September '12, 09:28 PM
  3. Whos watching sunday supplement
    By CharlieRambo in forum Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th August '12, 06:02 PM
  4. Best protein for..
    By YoBredda in forum Gym
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 12th November '11, 11:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •