vBookie Event: Bayern Munich vs Barcelona (Football)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Bayern Munich win 11/10 (2.10) 5 955000 WIN!
Match is a draw 11/4 (3.75) 2 900000  
Barcelona win 14/5 (3.80) 2 501428  
Under 2.5 goals 11/10 (2.10) 0 0  
Over 2.5 goals 10/11 (1.91) 2 330000 WIN!
Bayern score 1/5 F (1.20) 0 0 WIN!
Barca score 4/11 (1.36) 0 0  
Both teams to score 5/7 (1.71) 4 1410000  
Only one team scores, or neither team does 7/5 (2.40) 0 0 WIN!
Ribery scores 4/1 (5.00) 1 130000  
Messi scores 11/8 (2.38) 1 500000  
Robben scores 3/1 (4.00) 0 0 WIN!
Gomez scores 9/5 (2.80) 0 0 WIN!
Barcelona score the first goal 6/4 (2.50) 2 180000  
Bayern Munich scores the first goal 4/5 (1.80) 0 0 WIN!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Reppin
    SOUTH LONDON
    vCash

i jus need a barsa goal and its a wrap@Bocat
    LEGEND AKA Ghetto Bumbaclart Philosopher AKA War Lord

Last of a dying breed
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] D.Man & Shanger - South To East Link Up (Young Sen Dead)
    LEGEND OUT !!!!

Reppin
    ldn
    vCash

hashtag ze germans
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Bocat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HowYouLiving View Post
    Alves and Alba are rated as world class because attacking wise they're 2 of the best full backs, definitely in Spain. Alba can be decent in defence mostly due to him being able to utilise his pace. Alves isn't good in defence and really isn't played as a defender, its been known for years now that whilst he's a RB on the squadlist he plays so advanced that he's basically a RMF. That's why they're rated as world class.

Pique is rated as world class because he plays in defence for the World champions (Spain) and arguably the best team in Europe of all time (Barca), tbh with a resume like that who are you or anyone to judge? (Although I don't think he's particularly good)
    Alves still has serious defensive duties regardless of the fact he likes to bomb forward all game otherwise everyone would just take advantage of it. Baines can be decent in defence, so can Gibbs, so can Enrique etc. Admittedly Alba is better but I don't buy into this whole just cos they're great going forward it makes them world class.

As for Pique, he's very over-rated tbh I wouldn't rate him top 5 in the world no way.

He slots into the GOAT teams for both club and country and yet I've seen him get ripped time after time. There's a lot more media focus, well the ones we follow anyway on the PL, so if Vidic or Vermalen or Kompany or someone had a shocker and got ripped by Kone, Cisse, whoever, cos everyone watched MOTD and everyone watches PL matches and talks about it, we think lesser of the defenders. We don't see Pique having a shocker vs Celta Vigo, Real Sociedad etc etc cos quite simply not a lot of people watch la liga.

A lot of people pretend to be die hard football fans who watch al 5 leagues on a regs but the reality is majority of people lieeee lol and only watch teams from other nations regularly during the CL and think it's enough to form a valid opinion cos they've seen Barca do United and lift the trophy or w.e.

Personally think Alves is great going forward, world class attacker but as a whole, as a defender, he is in no way world class and in any other team which isn't filled with midfield and attacking superstars he would be a liability. Alba not so much but I'd say his World Class status is very debatable. Pique I just think he is above average or "good" at best. There are other very good/world class defenders out there who deserve more plaudits.

Varane is being classed as one of the worlds best already, he is french and plays for real madrid. I think Phil Jones is very near his level, if not the same. How many people applaud Jones the way they do Varane? If Phil Jones was Hernandez Amigo and played for Barcelona or Real Madrid alongside Pepe, he'd be getting tenfold the ratings he does now. Not that he doesn't get rating at Utd, but he's a very sick individual and I think we do tend to over-rate a lot of players in great teams cos of nationality/club status and hype instead of just watching regularly and forming our own opinion.

vCash

If you set up your team with players that are all around mid 5 foot you're leaving yourself susceptible to set pieces, no matter how technically gifted you are

Reppin
    Birmingham
    vCash

Jordi Alba is a fantastic defender.

Reppin
    The Akhira
    vCash

And they have pep and gotze coming in the summer? Ffs Bayern.

Reppin
    Fortress Cottage
    vCash

Bayern shutting down Messi brilliantly.
    "This is Fulham for heavenís sake. This is a club which 15 years ago didnít have two brass filings to rub together, which used to play in front of 3 or 4000 rattling around here. Which once played on a night in Rochdale needing points to stay off the bottom of the English League. But were brought by a very rich man, and there he is. And which has now become a hugely enriched club.Ē

Bocat Guest

Phillip Lahm is a world class defender. Dani Alves is not.

Reppin
    SOUTH LONDON
    vCash

no cesc

Last of a dying breed
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] D.Man & Shanger - South To East Link Up (Young Sen Dead)
    LEGEND OUT !!!!

vCash

i did nazi this coming

Reppin
    Birmingham
    vCash

Barca getting pummeled here. Could get embarrassing because I can see Bayern getting another goal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Alves still has serious defensive duties regardless of the fact he likes to bomb forward all game otherwise everyone would just take advantage of it. Baines can be decent in defence, so can Gibbs, so can Enrique etc. Admittedly Alba is better but I don't buy into this whole just cos they're great going forward it makes them world class.

As for Pique, he's very over-rated tbh I wouldn't rate him top 5 in the world no way.

He slots into the GOAT teams for both club and country and yet I've seen him get ripped time after time. There's a lot more media focus, well the ones we follow anyway on the PL, so if Vidic or Vermalen or Kompany or someone had a shocker and got ripped by Kone, Cisse, whoever, cos everyone watched MOTD and everyone watches PL matches and talks about it, we think lesser of the defenders. We don't see Pique having a shocker vs Celta Vigo, Real Sociedad etc etc cos quite simply not a lot of people watch la liga.

A lot of people pretend to be die hard football fans who watch al 5 leagues on a regs but the reality is majority of people lieeee lol and only watch teams from other nations regularly during the CL and think it's enough to form a valid opinion cos they've seen Barca do United and lift the trophy or w.e.

Personally think Alves is great going forward, world class attacker but as a whole, as a defender, he is in no way world class and in any other team which isn't filled with midfield and attacking superstars he would be a liability. Alba not so much but I'd say his World Class status is very debatable. Pique I just think he is above average or "good" at best. There are other very good/world class defenders out there who deserve more plaudits.

Varane is being classed as one of the worlds best already, he is french and plays for real madrid. I think Phil Jones is very near his level, if not the same. How many people applaud Jones the way they do Varane? If Phil Jones was Hernandez Amigo and played for Barcelona or Real Madrid alongside Pepe, he'd be getting tenfold the ratings he does now. Not that he doesn't get rating at Utd, but he's a very sick individual and I think we do tend to over-rate a lot of players in great teams cos of nationality/club status and hype instead of just watching regularly and forming our own opinion.
    Wait, you say you don't watch La Liga (Or you saying you do?), European/World tournaments are every 4 years. So you see him in the CL only but you're assessing him?

From what I've seen in La Liga I don't think he's world class either. No one thinks Alves or Alba are world class defenders, the role of a FB in 2013 is not just to defend, their attacking duties are very important as well so obviously if they're playing well attacking wise they'll get ratings. That and they play for Barca.

Phil Jones didn't have Messi (Arguably the best player of all time) in his pocket when he was 19, Varane did.

Reppin
    SOUTH LONDON
    vCash

barsa aint scorin shit!!!!!

Last of a dying breed
    LEGEND OUT !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bocat View Post
    Phillip Lahm is a world class defender. Dani Alves is not.
    You keep saying this as if anyone has every said Lahm isn't as good as Alves defensively

Reppin
    Leeds
    vCash

Anyone else think the rumours of Pep giving Bayern tips on how to beat Barcelona might be true?
    -NSF-
    twitter: @NSFProducer
    Email and iMessage: nsfproducer @ gmail.com
    *NEW* NSF - Knaks (WIP):

Bocat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HowYouLiving View Post
    Wait, you say you don't watch La Liga (Or you saying you do?), European/World tournaments are every 4 years. So you see him in the CL only but you're assessing him?

From what I've seen in La Liga I don't think he's world class either. No one thinks Alves or Alba are world class defenders, the role of a FB in 2013 is not just to defend, their attacking duties are very important as well so obviously if they're playing well attacking wise they'll get ratings. That and they play for Barca.

Phil Jones didn't have Messi (Arguably the best player of all time) in his pocket when he was 19, Varane did.
    I'm saying I do watch La Liga regularly that's where I formed my opinion from..

Phil Jones had Cristiano Ronaldo in his pocket..

vCash

Barca need one or its peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

Reppin
    Barksdale Organisation
    vCash

Messi is obviously still injured.

He hasnt sprinted once
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Dan View Post

he was soo bless to me, used 2 kiss me on da head

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NSF View Post
    Anyone else think the rumours of Pep giving Bayern tips on how to beat Barcelona might be true?
    Lol why do you need tips, they've been beaten systematically by Jose and other teams

If you press them heavily and reduce space you can beat them. If you have the height advantage you'll do well as well in set pieces

But maybe it's true

Tony Starks is offline "Check my attitude...give cats the food!"
    iDonate
    vCash

Messi looks unfit? Did he play their last game i havent watched barca in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
    Thats because I assume every poster on here IS white, unless I see ID

Too many Dave's trying to be Jermaine.....