Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    notsanice is offline I Ain't One Of Those Posters
    That You Wanna Go Against
    Reppin
    West Country
    vCash

Haven't played any of the MGS games since Snake Eater preferred Splinter Cell (before that got butchered) but might have to cop the 4th and 5th this is looking like it might be pretty good sorta got a Deus Ex feel to it. Always been skeptical of modern reboots of classics tbh they always seem to take out and gut the things that made the originals good and block it up with generic crap.

if this has a solid focus on storyline, definitely going to have to
    'Used to be seen on the screen, then feared that the images of my face were being used for reasons obscene'
    'I've got the Intel to find where you reside, with the Devil Inside increasing my drive / you best hope you're not the next to cross my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    KA and Ghetts together >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Beatles

vCash

That opening was the best opening to any game ever, even better than The Last of Us. Wish the whole game was like that

vCash

Seem good so far guys? I'm not sure if I wanna get it or not

vCash

I don't even know if I like it. The first hour was incredible. Now it's become all open world and Very un-MGS like. I'm disspointed so far and I love MGS.

vCash

Ive just reached the end of chapter 1. The gameplay is 10/10 but my problem with the game is the pre-release trailers have spoiled everything. I haven't seen anything new story wise that wasn't in the trailers.

Reppin
    Birmingham
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by notsanice View Post
    Haven't played any of the MGS games since Snake Eater preferred Splinter Cell (before that got butchered) but might have to cop the 4th and 5th this is looking like it might be pretty good sorta got a Deus Ex feel to it. Always been skeptical of modern reboots of classics tbh they always seem to take out and gut the things that made the originals good and block it up with generic crap.

if this has a solid focus on storyline, definitely going to have to
    MGS 4 is fucking incredible. Well worth buying.

3 > 2 > 4 > 1

All of them are at least 9.5/10.

Bray is offline I'm A King When I Scroll Through GrimeForum
    vCash

I'm liking it so far, but it's a bit lacking entertainment wise compared to MGS4. They've dropped a lot of cut scenes between missions which made made 4 seem more like you were playing in a movie. I can't fault the gameplay or graphics and I haven't even scratched the surface yet so It might improve.

MSG4 was one of the best games I've ever played, for the full gaming experience. I put down the joystick thinking that I couldn't begrudge a single penny I paid for the game, and then I played it again, and I never play games twice tbh.

I love the stealth aspect and ballooning away soldiers, but I'm getting twitchy that I need to start taking a few heads off and seeing the blood fly.

vCash

You can shoot em up if you want to and capture the sites, it gives you the freedom to go stealth or go on a killing spree if you wish. I like to go stealth and quietly kill guards and hide their bodies along the way. However the guards are so much better on this game, there's no predicatbility to their movements anymore, they all change places so its about moving fast and quietly in this game. I always tend to get past the guards and then walk into a jug or something and alert the guards by accidentally smashing it on the floor.

I too was concerned about the lack of cutscenes, but my mate has got quite far in and said it picks up. I guess the first set of missions are almost like training gearing up for the more advanced missions. I think a lot of the game will depend on upgrading weapons and using money from side missions to buy better arms as the game advances. My mate also said powerful machine guns are a must as the game progresses.

Gameplay wise I think it is truly fantastic, I love the environment its set in and looking forward to digging deeper into it.

screwface is offline My Fingers Type Like
    They're Powered Mechanically
    Reppin
    B21
    vCash

This game has made me dash Fifa 16, it's a classic already, what I'm loving is that I can tell this isn't a short game like msg 4, 2.

notsanice is offline I Ain't One Of Those Posters
    That You Wanna Go Against
    Reppin
    West Country
    vCash

Just got my nVidia GTX 970 through the post and it had a voucher for MGS:V, got IV on download at the moment will play my way up through, from what I've seen this looks insanely good resisting the temptation to load it up.

gotta work dat backstory leading up to it
    'Used to be seen on the screen, then feared that the images of my face were being used for reasons obscene'
    'I've got the Intel to find where you reside, with the Devil Inside increasing my drive / you best hope you're not the next to cross my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    KA and Ghetts together >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Beatles

vCash

Its a good game, but it shouldnt be called metal gear.
    The story is a bit cack compared to the other games. Probably because konami sacked hideo kojima before they finished it.

John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    vCash

story wasn't as good but this was by far the most enjoyable metal gear I've played. gameplay is fantastic.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]