Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HowYouLiving View Post
    No in MGS3 it made sense due to the age of Old Snake. In MGS4 Big Boss was much older so naturally an older sounding voice actor (Richard Doyle) was used.

It's odd though, the Japanese MGS5 trailer still has the Janapese Solid Snake VA doing Big Boss' voice, something odd is happening lol.

Maybe they're keeping more things secret, Hayter is Snake in alot of ways, I doubt they'll just drop him out like that.

It's probably been like that since like MGS1, this is nothing new.

Pyscho Mantis etc etc
    But then if Big Bosses voice changed to sound older then why didn't Solid Snakes voice change as he had advanced ageing? He looked older than big boss in MGS4. It don't really make sense or Liquid snake would of had the same voice too wouldn't he?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kyro View Post
    But then if Big Bosses voice changed to sound older then why didn't Solid Snakes voice change as he had advanced ageing? He looked older than big boss in MGS4. It don't really make sense or Liquid snake would of had the same voice too wouldn't he?
    Having Hayter talking to himself at the end of mgs4 would sound to stupid/confusing hence the change of bbs voice actor.
    as for liquid, he was raised in england.

oldskl is offline Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    vCash

dnt ban me fam

vCash

Bosses in the MGS series are definitely out there.
    ( Click to show/hide )
    • Metal Gear Solid 1
      • Psycho Mantis, practitioner of psychokinesis and mind reader
      • Vulcan Raven, shaman
    • Metal Gear Solid 2
      • Vamp, vampire, super healer, super agility (can dodge all sorts, run across water and up buildings) etc (later retconned to fuck in MGS4, but whatever)
      • Fortune, aka "Lady Luck". Bullets miss her
    • Metal Gear Solid 3
      • The Pain, bee controller that even spits them out
      • The Fear, fucked up spider guy that dislocates his joints and runs up trees. The stealth was down to his camo, but he had super human speed/jumping etc
      • The End, ~100 year old sniper that spoke to the forest and used photosynthesis to regenerate (again, somewhat down to camo if we go by gameplay)
      • Volgin, able to generate massive amounts of electricity at will
      • The Sorrow, ghost that affects the real world in his own little ways
    • Revolver Ocelot, son of The Joy and The Sorrow, who seemed to have inherited his father's gift and was posessed by Liquid Snake's spirit in 2 and part of 4 (until they retconned it and decided it nanomachines...everything is always nanomachines...)

Quote Originally Posted by kyro View Post
    I was surprised it weren't Hayter doing the voice over but it makes sense in a way although a little backwards. I mean if Snake and Liquid were clones of Big Boss and both big boss and Solid snake had the same voice then why didn't Liquid and why didnt he have Hayter voice at the end of MGS4? Hayter should of never had voiced Big Boss to begin with in MGS3 unless I'm getting highly confused with my characters @Pred
    Solid and Liquid were imperfect clones that focussed on dominant and recessive genes, and Solidus was the perfect clone (although they never explained how Solidus was perfectly cloned, as they don't say that he was born any differently than Solid and Liquid). I think it's okay that they got away with using Hayter for Big Boss in 3/PO/PW, simply because of 5. What is odd is that they didn't go with John Cygan or Richard Doyle.

Ground Zeroes is basically the prologue to The Phantom Pain. It's like the Tanker in 2 or Virtuous Mission in 3. At the end of Ground Zeroes, something fucks him up and Big Boss goes into a coma for 9 years. That could potentially explain the change in voice, but if it doesn't we could just put it down to young BB and old BB being somewhat distinct.

As for Solid Snake, he's 11 during Phantom Pain. Peace Walker happens 2 years after Les Enfants Terrible (the Big Boss clone project), and Ground Zeroes is implied in the original trailer to be not long after Peace Walker.

( Click to show/hide )
    It says the report that Paz is still alive came in 10 days ago, and she fell into the sea at the end of Peace Walker. So 10 days at the minimum, but if she somehow escaped and disappeared for a while it would be longer than that

Of course, this is Hideo Kojima. The same guy that thought up Joakim Mogren and the rest of it just to mess with us. There's always a chance that Hayter is in the game.

vCash

Straight copy & paste from a thread on NeoGAF:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531531
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/8...jima-interview

-Sounds like we'll be getting Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain separately. Ties into how Kojima was interested in episodic releases. Ground Zeroes first and then Phantom Pain, as Ground Zeroes "eases us" into the sneaking and whatnot, and Phantom Pain is a huge game that continues.

-Hayter is gone for good

-Ground Zeroes takes place almost immediately after Peace Walker, Phantom Pain 9 years later

-It will be open world unlike previous Metal Gears where you just show up at a stage and go in a linear path. Instead they want it to be "realistic infiltration", you choose how to infiltrate, where to infiltrate, and what time is best to do it. There could be side missions along the way that affect your objective.

-You will only play as Big Boss

-80% realistic, 20% sci fi/fantasy (fire whales and shit)

Reppin
    Leeds
    vCash

Fuck this shit, the whole thing just gets more and more ridiculous with each game.
    -NSF-
    twitter: @NSFProducer
    Email and iMessage: nsfproducer @ gmail.com
    *NEW* NSF - Knaks (WIP):

Reppin
    SOUTH LONDON
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NSF View Post
    Fuck this shit, the whole thing just gets more and more ridiculous with each game.

mgs 3 though>>>
    LEGEND AKA Ghetto Bumbaclart Philosopher AKA War Lord

Last of a dying breed
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] D.Man & Shanger - South To East Link Up (Young Sen Dead)
    LEGEND OUT !!!!

vCash

MGS, GOAT series alongside Uncharted.
    Twitter | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Soundcloud | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Reppin
    Newham
    vCash

@Pred why is metal gear like that anyway, are these people mutants

vCash

@Uncle Grime. I'm not sure, it's never usually explained. I guess it's just how it is in the Kojima/MGS universe - like ours, with a similar history, except with some supernatural stuff going on.

vCash

With some people it's explained, with others it isn't. For example Mantis is just a psychic, the beasts in MGS4 had troubled pasts and it seems like their suits are more to blame for their ability. Raven in MGS1 is a shaman but really his gun is his power, Sniper Wolf has no powers, just a really good sniper. Gray Fox is a cyborg obviously, in MGS2 Faith I think dodges bullets and that's due to her machine thing.

If anything Kojima just exaggerates things (Eg Psychics, all that is malarkey in rl), it's funny how you all love MGS3 but that had some of the most ridiculous bosses, the Sorrow for example.
    Last edited by HowYouLiving; 2nd April '13 at 12:13 PM.

vCash

Even Big Boss and the Snakes have exaggerated abilities, them being super soldiers basically. They survive ridiculous things, when was MGS even realistic for you lot to start getting all unhappy lol. They're fighting flipping giant robots that shoot nuclear warheads ffs

Reppin
    Leeds
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HowYouLiving View Post
    Even Big Boss and the Snakes have exaggerated abilities, them being super soldiers basically. They survive ridiculous things, when was MGS even realistic for you lot to start getting all unhappy lol. They're fighting flipping giant robots that shoot nuclear warheads ffs
    cos robots are unrealistic yeah? The bosses are dumb in the later games, in MGS1 they were atleast a bit believable and human, now they are just so out there it puts me off, even the beasts in MGS4 were stupid.

vCash

I dunno what you're trying to say, Metal Gears are not realistic whatsoever, they have the capability to shoot warheads anywhere on the Earth, RAY is an amphibian robot that can swim, look how big they both are, they aren't realistic at all. Or are you agreeing?..

On top of that the bosses in MGS1 like I've said were exaggerated and pretty unrealistic, Sniper Wolf and Ocelot are human and normal, to a degree Decoy Octopus was normal, Mantis however was just ridiculous, as was Raven. Even the whole premise is silly, nanomachines in Genome soldiers etc etc

The story was always out of this world, that's part of what made it interesting, if it was grounded in reality it would be boring. No doubt it's got increasingly unrealistic but the point is it was never wholly realistic anyways. Big Boss in MG1 or 2 survives death etc

Don't be put off by it man, just enjoy it. MGS is the opposite to Splinter Cell which is ofcourse a much much more realistic stealth game.
    Last edited by HowYouLiving; 2nd April '13 at 01:34 PM.

vCash

cos robots are unrealistic yeah? The bosses are dumb in the later games, in MGS1 they were atleast a bit believable and human, now they are just so out there it puts me off, even the beasts in MGS4 were stupid.
    Metal Gear Solid: a clone of a world-renowned soldier infiltrates a facility that was taken over by his brother (also a clone) that is protected by a large number of soldiers that underwent DNA manipulation which includes either being injected with the aforementioned world-renowned soldier's DNA or having their DNA altered to be like his. All of these people have been injected with nanomachines that monitor the body and provide nutrients, as well as serving other functions. The FOXDIE nanomachine targets certain DNA sequences and causes the targets to have a massive heart attack and die. On the base, they are producing Metal Gear REX - a giant bipedal tank with amongst other things, a giant laser cutter and a rail gun that can stealth-launch nuclear warheads.

There wasn't a lot of supernatural stuff in MGS1, but realism was never its starting point.

Reppin
    Leeds
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    Metal Gear Solid: a clone of a world-renowned soldier infiltrates a facility that was taken over by his brother (also a clone) that is protected by a large number of soldiers that underwent DNA manipulation which includes either being injected with the aforementioned world-renowned soldier's DNA or having their DNA altered to be like his. All of these people have been injected with nanomachines that monitor the body and provide nutrients, as well as serving other functions. The FOXDIE nanomachine targets certain DNA sequences and causes the targets to have a massive heart attack and die. On the base, they are producing Metal Gear REX - a giant bipedal tank with amongst other things, a giant laser cutter and a rail gun that can stealth-launch nuclear warheads.

There wasn't a lot of supernatural stuff in MGS1, but realism was never its starting point.
    But all that stuff you mentioned is scientifically possible in the near future, my point is everything seemed more human rather than some OTT fantasy sci-fi monster crap. It all started to get over the top after the first one and didn't seem like the same game anymore. MGS is still the best one of the lot, the rest don't come close and that's not a knock on the other games its just MGS was pretty much perfect, the rest have some flaws which I've pointed out above.

vCash

I like the fantasy stuff in MGS but I agree MGS3 was a bit too far.

If the fantasy stuff weren't there it would be just another generic military themed game and there are waaaaay to many of them around these days. I don't understand why people moan for MGS being different. It's a good thing. I know I'd rather bosses like vamp, mantis, beasts than the typical 'Russian/Korea/middle east nut case plans to attack the US, we MUST stop them' bollocks that every war game does.

vCash

But all that stuff you mentioned is scientifically possible in the near future, my point is everything seemed more human rather than some OTT fantasy sci-fi monster crap. It all started to get over the top after the first one and didn't seem like the same game anymore. MGS is still the best one of the lot, the rest don't come close and that's not a knock on the other games its just MGS was pretty much perfect, the rest have some flaws which I've pointed out above.
    I'd agree that some of it is possible in the near future (giant mobile laser cutters like REX's and FOXDIE are something we're probably not going to see soon, nor is DNA manipulation on genome soldier levels), and there's an obvious difference between MGS1 and MGS3, but to go back to it, MGS4 was grounded in the science of that universe. Apart from *spoiler*Mantis*spoiler* it's nanomachines.

In terms of gameplay, MGS3 is still my favourite though. The Pain is a bit weak and I hate on rails "I'll drive, you shoot" sequences but overall it's great. The only possible improvement would be porting it to Wii U and using the touch screen to manage your camo/gear much more quickly.

vCash

Keifer Sutherland has been confirmed as Snake.

vCash

Indeed

Could still potentially be Kojima trolling though. Someone raised a decent point that Sutherland wasn't referred to as 'Big Boss', 'Naked Snake' or 'Solid Snake' but just Snake. Usually Big Boss is called Big Boss