Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • In

0 0%
  • Out (now)

0 0%
  • Out (end of the season)

1 100.00%
Page 531 of 631 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 12607
    dizaster92 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Reppin
    I'm About
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    Oh I agree with you, what I said was an observation not an excuse in his defence lol
    lool my bad if it looked like that but yeah i'm just saying in general

Can't wait for Sanchez to come back, it would have been a different story if he played against Southampton
    Fuck a gym I shoot guns to keep my arm fit

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Reppin
    Shitty Wok
    vCash

I said a few times before the season (when you signed Cech) that I thought you would win the league. Not sure if I said it on here but said it IRL I'm actually pissed I didn't put a bet on.

Obviously I thought we would put up some sort of challenge but lol @ that. I thought we would be the top 3 come May but City are always 1 injury away from poor results and we're somewhere near the Championship. Can honestly see you lot 10 points clear by April if Kompany stays injured and Aguero isn't firing.

Heard mention of Tottenham challenging for the title the other day. Was laff.

vCash

It's now down to City or Arsenal.

Personally I would prefer Arsenal to win it but Clive Eboue, Kebab and everyone else would be insufferable

If we could form a peace treaty and laugh at Chelsea and Man United it would be all good, but the sad facts are we can't, you laughed at us losing the league in 13/14 to the billionaires and therefore I want you to lose everything you compete in ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post

It is possible to win the league with our current crop of strikers as everyone else is shit but if we had a world class striker, we would be cut a dry by now.

It must be clear to you now bro @Gai Sensei
    Saw this post, was about to call you out on it but then...

Quote Originally Posted by Gai Sensei View Post

Appreciate you admitted that you had made these comments @Xtra P, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you have made a complete U-turn. And it's not down to everyone being shit either...

I've said it before, you could stick an average striker up front for Arsenal and they'd still get 20 goals a season because of the nature of how we play and the midfielders we have. Adebayor's haul is proof of that. He only tried for one season, and should have scored a lot more in that season as well. We've not had a world-class striker since Henry, but Giroud is the best we have had since then.

He (and our central defenders) have made us dangerous again from set-pieces for the first time in years. He provides something different which I think people do not rate enough. He's a vintage-style 4-4-2 striker in a modern 4-5-1/4-3-3 world. Doesn't make him shit, he just has to be used appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    If you don't win the league this season you never will again under Wenger. Your only challenge is City and they're really nothing special.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    It's now down to City or Arsenal.

Personally I would prefer Arsenal to win it but Clive Eboue, Kebab and everyone else would be insufferable

If we could form a peace treaty and laugh at Chelsea and Man United it would be all good, but the sad facts are we can't, you laughed at us losing the league in 13/14 to the billionaires and therefore I want you to lose everything you compete in ever
    I would have been quite happy to see Liverpool win the league that year but there were three things that couldn't be ignored:

1. Stevie "Wonder" Gerrard's post-match pep talk in front of the cameras. Unnecessary, showy and evidence of a childish excitability (which is in fairness understandable given he's a fan of the club) rather than the professionalism needed at the time.

2. The subsequent slip in the Chelsea game. It was poetic in light of the pep-talk and use of the word, and wouldn't have been made as big a deal out of, were it not for point 1.

3. The divine right to the title portrayed by a significant number of Liverpool fans. Don't get me wrong there are always fans of every club who prematurely say that they will win the league. But Liverpool are a cut above, and that is what makes it easy to have a laugh at their expense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Saw this post, was about to call you out on it but then...

Appreciate you admitted that you had made these comments @Xtra P, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you have made a complete U-turn. And it's not down to everyone being shit either...

I've said it before, you could stick an average striker up front for Arsenal and they'd still get 20 goals a season because of the nature of how we play and the midfielders we have. Adebayor's haul is proof of that. He only tried for one season, and should have scored a lot more in that season as well. We've not had a world-class striker since Henry, but Giroud is the best we have had since then.

He (and our central defenders) have made us dangerous again from set-pieces for the first time in years. He provides something different which I think people do not rate enough. He's a vintage-style 4-4-2 striker in a modern 4-5-1/4-3-3 world. Doesn't make him shit, he just has to be used appropriately.

I agree.
    You should hold the gloating until the league is won cause as it stands, i'm still correct.

If an average striker can get 20 plus goals with our midfield then why not purchase an above average striker or world class striker and win something that we have not won for 12 years instead of messing around? Thats my main gripe.

If we don't win the league, i will be re quoting my posts mate.

#NoStrikerNeeded
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

vCash

If Chelski were performing to their normal standard and Sergio was constantly injured, would we be top right now?

Leicester are doing great this year because they have a striker who is playing out of his skin so to just confirm my point. It is obviously not impossible to win the league without a top striker but its a hell of a lot easier so why not just go allouts for one and make life just that bit easier. Thats all i'm saying.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

You should hold the gloating until the league is won cause as it stands, i'm still correct.

If an average striker can get 20 plus goals with our midfield then why not purchase an above average striker or world class striker and win something that we have not won for 12 years instead of messing around? Thats my main gripe.

If we don't win the league, i will be re quoting my posts mate.

#NoStrikerNeeded
    Not gloating. And also, if we fail to win the league, it not because of our striking power. Us losing to Chelsea, drawing with Tottenham or losing to Southampton hasn't been because of Giroud or Walcott.

It has been defensive individual errors and collective poor performances.

vCash

Like I said I was more concerned with a CDM cover for Coquelin than a world class striker and that would have been more realistic as there are more options. That was/is more important imo. Basically if we had Coq for the whole season no games missing we would win the league.

Bare in mind Giroud has been our main striker as well and Theo hasn't really had a run and Welbz hasn't been involved period.

City had Aguero against us, against Leicester and they took 1 point out of 6.

I don't know if anyone remembers but my long rants earlier was about our defence being key and not the world class striker as you don't win the league by scoring 30 goals in one season (refer to when we had RvP).

It's about winning games consistently and I said we could beat 16-17 of the teams with Giroud upfront and the other 2-3 games would come down to who performs on the day, and it has been Walcott and Giroud and City have lost those games due to the absence of Kompany and a lack of creation from the midfield. Liverpool had two strikers who were in world class form and Sterling and still couldn't win the league.

Cech, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin just as important as the world class striker.

Also notice how the absence of Sanchez hasn't affected us as much as the absence of Coq or even Kosc. As long as you have someone like Ozil, he will create you enough chances to win games and players like Ramsey and Theo thrive off him.

But yeah I'm glad we are proving you don't need a WC striker to win the league.

Again, City had Silva and Aguero and KDB yday and couldn't score 1 vs Leicester. We scored 5.

Ozil >>>>>>
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

vCash

Not gloating. And also, if we fail to win the league, it not because of our striking power. Us losing to Chelsea, drawing with Tottenham or losing to Southampton hasn't been because of Giroud or Walcott.

It has been defensive individual errors and collective poor performances.
    World class strikers can bale teams out when they have performed badly. Henry did it on many occasions.

vCash

Having said all that, Ozil is an Alien so having him is almost like having a WC striker, mans basically puttin goals on a silver platter.

Inshallah i'm wrong and we win the league, i'll be more than happy to have kebab and messiah gloating and quoting my posts if it means we win the league.

vCash

Having said all that, Ozil is an Alien so having him is almost like having a WC striker, mans basically puttin goals on a silver platter.

Inshallah i'm wrong and we win the league, i'll be more than happy to have kebab and messiah gloating and quoting my posts if it means we win the league.
    Lool not gloating bro, was just confident that our defence (Coq and Cech included), Ozil and our dangermen (Sanchez, Theo, Ramsey etc) would be enough to win the games.

Obviously in the summer the rest will be back to compete so we really do need that Aubameyang, Cavani or someone like that but yeah.

I'd be very happy with the summer if we signed a ST and cover for Coq. That's all I ask.

vCash

Say nizzy broski

Reppin
    I'm About
    vCash

World class strikers can bale teams out when they have performed badly. Henry did it on many occasions.
    Thank you.

I can't see Giroud or Theo pulling something out of the bag when we're having a poor game, especially when teams are out to stop Ozil because they know we're hardly creative when he's not in the game eg vs Southampton, Clasie & Wanyama were on him lol

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

vCash

If you stop Ozil, you stop Arsenal atm, Southampton showed that emphatically.

Reppin
    I'm About
    vCash

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Why we need both Sanchez and Ozil fit.

Reppin
    Spoon Blade
    vCash

Agree with @Xtra P re: the striker tbh a truly clinical striker would have got us more points by now, happy with Giroud and Theo for the moment but Wenger really needs to slap his dick across Europe this summer (lol @ this again smh) and go all out for Aubameyang.
    spurs r world class at makin prem teams look like barca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Kebab needs to start showing me some respect tbh I'm 2 shades darker then Moh, have a season ticket and I get the pints in all day [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dizaster92 View Post
    Thank you.

I can't see Giroud or Theo pulling something out of the bag when we're having a poor game, especially when teams are out to stop Ozil because they know we're hardly creative when he's not in the game eg vs Southampton, Clasie & Wanyama were on him lol
    Disagree with this tbh. Southampton were all over us from the first minute. They pressed us and simply wanted it more than us. We got the ball too deep and with Giroud never really got out our half. Needed to play Theo upfront to give our midfielders more time and space on the ball. That's why Ozil kept coming so deep to receive the ball but doesn't make a difference when your ST can't run behind the lines. Flamini was pants too.

Also you didn't see Theo pulling it out the bag against City? Those games can go either way depending on who gets the first goal.

Also Ramsey? And like @The Messiah said, that's why you need Sanchez. A striker isn't always the answer to a loss/negative.

vCash

Why we need both Sanchez and Ozil fit.
    Agreed.