vCash

Default Calories and gaining weight

I just need confirmation on consuming calories and putting on weight.

Is it as simple as eating more calories to increase weight?

I'm 20 y/o 5"10, and about 130 lbs. BMI about 18.4. Underweight.

I try and consume a good amount of protein and carbs, but I end up making meals that fill me up, but don't do enough to hit my necessary calorie intake.

A chicken breast fillet and microwave mash are about 550 calories, whereas 6 crepes from Sainsbury's are 840 calories.

Does that mean the 6 crepes with more calories are better than the chicken and mash, purely in terms of putting on weight?

I want to try and gain a pound a week. I'm trying to reach minimum 3000 calories a day (I'm probably well below that at the moment), and looking at hitting minimum 100g protein and 300g carbs through good food like chicken and pasta, then eating whatever I can to hit the overall calorie requirement. Is that a decent way to go, as I'm trying to hit 160lbs first, getting a decent weight, then going for a really clean diet and focusing on getting lean. I do free weights, but lack of progress must be down to lack of weight. So put on the weight then see the gains from training right?

In case of tl;dr, key questions in bold. Cheers lads.

vCash

yes you need to eat more calories to gain weight. I come from similar background as you so i know where you are comming from. In your case you dont need to eat clean i\d say follow 70% of your calories comming from good food and 30% calories comming from junk food. You dont need to follow this exactly you will need to find out yourself how much junk food you need to eat to get to your calorie goal. A good website that might help you is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.

And yes you are not seeing results because you are not gaining weight. But make sure you dont gain too much weight to fast or you will end up like @Naruto
    The bankrupt baller

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flšk View Post
    yes you need to eat more calories to gain weight. I come from similar background as you so i know where you are comming from. In your case you dont need to eat clean i\d say follow 70% of your calories comming from good food and 30% calories comming from junk food. You dont need to follow this exactly you will need to find out yourself how much junk food you need to eat to get to your calorie goal. A good website that might help you is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.

And yes you are not seeing results because you are not gaining weight. But make sure you dont gain too much weight to fast or you will end up like Naruto
    Thanks man. I have the calorie counter app on my phone, and I'm going for the gain a pound a week plan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Thanks man. I have the calorie counter app on my phone, and I'm going for the gain a pound a week plan.
    a thing i recently started doing is mixing my whey with oats you can easily come up to 1000 calories from that alone
    The bankrupt baller

Locky is offline I'm A King When I Scroll Through GrimeForum
    vCash

Drink the blue topped milk, Loads of calories in that

vCash

Also, is putting on weight going to guarantee an increase in overall body size?

My forearms are fucking skinny, and while I do work them I feel like I'll never get them bigger without putting on weight. So if I maintain the training and pack on the calories, whilst balancing out fat, carbs, and protein, they should begin to grow?

I feel like I've wasted the last 2 years training whilst eating about 1500-2000 calories a day

Grimes is offline I will continue with my wicked ways iDonate
    Super Moderator
    vCash

sounds like did

2500 alone is needed to maintain bodyweight

4000-6000 calories is what you need to increase growth

vCash

you can get 800+ calories in a morning shake

this is what I have: milk, oats, 2 scoops protein, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 banana all in a blender

make sure you're doing all the compound exercises: deadlifts, squats, rows etc

cable work and all that bollocks is useless at your weight, that's for shaping the muscle after you've already built it

Meyer Lansky is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    Reppin
    Grodno
    vCash

Those chocolate filled crepes from sainsburys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    One of the most powerful and richest of U.S. crime syndicate chiefs and bankers, who had major interests in gambling, especially in Florida, pre-Castro Cuba,Las Vegas, and the Bahamas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmyGrimGrim View Post
    you can get 800+ calories in a morning shake

this is what I have: milk, oats, 2 scoops protein, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 banana all in a blender

make sure you're doing all the compound exercises: deadlifts, squats, rows etc

cable work and all that bollocks is useless at your weight, that's for shaping the muscle after you've already built it
    What?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Got that Virginia Tech Swag, shoot up your school and laugh bitch!

vCash

well i phrased it badly but there's no point doing isolation exercises before you've built decent mass

Grimes is offline I will continue with my wicked ways iDonate
    Super Moderator
    vCash

that should come from compound exercises but really training for two years that should of happened already

vCash

Consume more protein foods in your routine diet to gain your muscular weight rather then fat weight.
    Eating the natural protein foods leads to better weigaht management of the body.
    Last edited by Curtis; 26th October '13 at 05:51 PM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mr Nasri is offline It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Consume more protein foods in your routine diet to gain your muscular weight rather then fat weight.
    Eating the natural protein foods leads to better weigaht management of the body.
    sounds like hippy talk.
    Could someone Change this name to Mr Jenkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasri View Post
    sounds like hippy talk.
    @Boris Bowser

vCash

always eat good and natural