Page 3 of 236 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by XtraP View Post
    Pavlik is too open, he ships to many punches, a hard hitter would end him imho
    so you think Abraham could beat him?

TRU_G is offline It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Control View Post
    what do you think about the current middleweight situation? pretty poor overall

you buy into the Pavlik hype? you like Abraham?
    Pavlik is a very good boxer, I aint even going to lie, his first fight I ever watched was the Taylor bout and he done a terrific job in that match

He will tear Hopkins to pieces in a few weeks still

I aint really seen much of Abraham to comment on him, just buffering his fight with Elcock on Youtube now

vCash

if Hopkins wasn't so old he would dismantle Pavlik, he has(had) all the tools to school him... he would do him worse than he did Tito

however he's just too old now, he'll succumb to Pavlik's high pressure and work-rate and lose to a UD, although i'm hoping he can pull of the upset and retire on a high... he is certainly a live underdog

vCash

so you think Abraham could beat him?
    Quite possibly it would be a sick fight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    I made gun fingers when they lowered your nans coffin into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    girls r like children except more retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerillatoker View Post
    I've known a few gay people and not one has ever tried to rape me
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.V View Post
    I am living proof that shit evaporates

TRU_G is offline It Don't Make Sense To Me
    Shit Posters Wanna Send For Me
    vCash

if Hopkins wasn't so old he would dismantle Pavlik, he has(had) all the tools to school him... he would do him worse than he did Tito

however he's just too old now, he'll succumb to Pavlik's high pressure and work-rate and lose to a clear UD or late TKO, although i'm hoping he can pull of the upset and retire on a high... he is certainly a live underdog
    Oh yeah I understand if it was when Hopkins was fighting fit it would a joke fixture

But IMO Hopkins is way past it, he should have retired after the Calzaghe fight

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TRU_G View Post
    Oh yeah I understand if it was when Hopkins was fighting fit it would a joke fixture

But IMO Hopkins is way past it, he should have retired after the Calzaghe fight
    It's not like Calzaghe dominated him though, Hopkins still has something to offer and is still a big money draw.

Jay05 is offline I know man with the whole cookie jar
    you can roll with your biscuit.
    iDonate
    vCash

hopkins outfought taylor in the later stages of both fights he was just to old / unfit to go 12 full rounds

not sure if pavlik can gain the weight properly for the fight

if pavlik is willing to step up to that weight, then calzaghe shud of fought pavlik and not ducked out and fought jones

vCash

dying sport

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jay05 View Post
    hopkins outfought taylor in the later stages of both fights he was just to old / unfit to go 12 full rounds

not sure if pavlik can gain the weight properly for the fight

if pavlik is willing to step up to that weight, then calzaghe shud of fought pavlik and not ducked out and fought jones
    Roy's time is running out and Calzaghe wants a ATG's scalp on his record, i believe he'll fight Pavlik afterwards though (so long as they both get past their next opponents), it makes sense that he would fight Roy first

Joe's had a tough run of fights, considering he's past his prime... Mikkel Kessler and Bernard Hopkins in a row (two fights he could very well have lost), and Jones is a slight step down before fighting another very dangerous opponent in Pavlik

Jones is still a live underdog though and some knowledgeable pundits are tipping him to cause an upset, i think it's just like the Pavlik - Hopkins fight though, as in Jones has all the tools to punish Calzaghe, but may just be too old to utilise his advantages

vCash

also i'm of the belief that Hopkins hasn't lost since he fought Jones Jr.

some very arguable decisions

vCash

I didnt know hopkins was fighting pavlik i will be watching that definately probably be a ugly fight though..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by online chimp View Post
    I didnt know hopkins was fighting pavlik i will be watching that definately probably be a ugly fight though..
    i don't think it'll be as ugly as the Calzaghe - Hopkins fight, as those two are both spoilers and very ring-smart

also Pavlik is quite rangy

iDonate
    vCash

Jones is still a live underdog though and some knowledgeable pundits are tipping him to cause an upset, i think it's just like the Pavlik - Hopkins fight though, as in Jones has all the tools to punish Calzaghe, but may just be too old to utilise his advantages
    jones is seriously past his best his prime

calzaghe is gettin on but has the work rate to win on points and will unless he get caught

will be placing large money on calzaghe points

the longer calzaghe leaves pavlik the more dangerous he will become

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jay05 View Post
    jones is seriously past his best his prime

calzaghe is gettin on but has the work rate to win on points and will unless he get caught

will be placing large money on calzaghe points

the longer calzaghe leaves pavlik the more dangerous he will become
    Calzaghe's main weapon now his hands are so fragile is his work-rate, that is also the first thing a boxer loses to age... age could creep up on him any day now

Jones is a shadow of his former self, but in his prime he was so great, even operating at 50% he's still dangerous

he has hand-speed, precision in punches and power advantages over Joe, and Hopkins showed that Joe is vulnerable to straight rights and counters, who better to capitalise on that than Jones Jr??

all said and done though, i would put money on Joe to win a points decision too... i just think people underestimate Jones' stylistic advantages for this fight

vCash

We will see if pavliks search and destroy style is gonna be effective with hopkins.
    Im gonna go with pavlik on points because hopkins hasnt impressed me recently.
    (fighting to dirty)me personaly i appreciate the science and dont wanna see holding and butting

vCash

man if you appreciate the science you gotta appreciate Hopkins

wiliest muhfucker to have ever stepped foot inside the ring, his defensive subtleties are bested only by Mayweather Jr and Willie Pep... yeah, he's slowed down with age but who doesn't?

Hopkins the type of fighter that separates boxing from that MMA nonsense

iDonate
    vCash

i thinking the decision to choose jones over pavlik was purely a cash decision

if calzaghe wins he has beaten a washed up great, if he loses he never was that good

if calzaghe does want to fight pavlik, then he shud of taken the earliest opportunity. pavlik will only improve over the next year and allow him to bulk up if he is gonna move to super middle, whereas joe can only maintain his current ability at best

iDonate
    vCash

wiliest muhfucker to have ever stepped foot inside the ring, his defensive subtleties are bested only by Mayweather Jr and Willie Pep... yeah, he's slowed down with age but who doesn't?

i used to

but he lost to taylor by going slow at the start of the fight, even though he exposed him for a lack of class

then repeated it at the second attempt. calzaghe was always a fight he shud of took 3 years ago and he would of won

vCash

Calzaghe's main weapon now his hands are so fragile is his work-rate, that is also the first thing a boxer loses to age... age could creep up on him any day now

Jones is a shadow of his former self, but in his prime he was so great, even operating at 50% he's still dangerous

he has hand-speed, precision in punches and power advantages over Joe, and Hopkins showed that Joe is vulnerable to straight rights and counters, who better to capitalise on that than Jones Jr??

all said and done though, i would put money on Joe to win a points decision too... i just think people underestimate Jones' stylistic advantages for this fight
    The thing about roy jones is when he was in his prime he had ridiculous speed,counters,and reactions now hes older he cant relie on that and if im not mistaken his last fight was against felix trinidad and he was using a high guard which i dont think works to well for him i think calazhage may outscore him with 'slaps'
    Last edited by Trapstar; 6th October '08 at 12:35 AM.

vCash

have utmost respect for his skills but from what i saw from the calazhage fight i was not impressed
    Click here to watch the video on YouTube.