Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

sorry for the late reply on it @The Messiah had to do some more research

saying 35k is about right for West Ham is silly thats pretty much what we are now it was 31k average in the championship and just yesterday we got 25k on a cold Tuesday night against Wigan in the cup i dont think anyones suggesting were going to be pulling in 60k immediately but i would say it wouldnt be that crazy to suggest we could start off at the low 40ks and hope to grow it from there over time through a mixture of sensible pricing and investment in the team

there were supposedly about 70k after tickets to the play-off final were not going to get those sort of numbers week in week out but it is an illustration that there is a larger existing fanbase than were probably credited with from those outside the club id also suggest that the new neighbourhoods being built all around the stadium will provide a boom for ticket sales over time as well there is going to be more new housing built around Stratford this decade than probably anywhere else in the UK

"But if the stadium has to be used for club football, I'd rather Leyton Orient had the stadium, but they are honest enough to admit that they wouldn't fill it"
    so u would rather it go to Leyton Orient because they "admit they wouldnt fill it" the same club thats also admitted that it cant afford the tenancy on its own? when did West Ham ever claim they would fill it all the time?

we have historically also not drawn nearly enough on the support of newer arrivals to East London which could change with a larger stadium in Stratford East London is a massive growth area for London and the UK as a whole for West Ham as a football club not to be able to tap into that would be foolish on the part of the owners and the fanbase

"It could be a fantastic development for the east of London. David Dein of Arsenal tells me the prospect of West Ham in the Olympic Stadium frightens him to death."

Dein is a knowledgeable man he knows the potential the same with Levy and no doubt his attempt to acquire the OS was done partly to hault our growth and erradicate our potential i would also suggest giving this blog a read sometime

http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.co.uk/

vCash

Lol at that blog. Kia Joorabchian saying they could be bigger than Chelsea when he wanted to buy them. Exactly the same thing people say when they rock up at Birmingham.

Plak is offline Green Rep Goons
    Us Man We Make The Neg Trains Boom
    Reppin
    Wembley
    vCash

No idea why West Ham want to move to the OS tbh, Upton Park is a decent ground and realistically unless they go hard in the paint and start pulling out consistent top 7 finishes they will never get anywhere near the sort of numbers to fill the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Scott Disick View Post
    I ain't African/Caribbean best believe I'm as moist as they come fam.

Reppin
    Spoon Blade
    vCash

West Ham fans make me dislike the club lol West Ham have never been close to being a big team in my lifetime. Fucking jellied eel slurping side parting two bob cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    spurs r world class at makin prem teams look like barca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Kebab needs to start showing me some respect tbh I'm 2 shades darker then Moh, have a season ticket and I get the pints in all day [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    West Ham fans make me dislike the club lol West Ham have never been close to being a big team in my lifetime. Fucking jellied eel slurping side parting two bob cunts.
    lol what have our fans done?

Reppin
    Spoon Blade
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDON View Post
    lol what have our fans done?
    My ex was from Barking so I used to have to listen to them all gassing on the District line on a regular basis lol I'm generally speaking ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    spurs r world class at makin prem teams look like barca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Kebab needs to start showing me some respect tbh I'm 2 shades darker then Moh, have a season ticket and I get the pints in all day [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Eboue View Post
    My ex was from Barking so I used to have to listen to them all gassing on the District line on a regular basis lol I'm generally speaking ofc.
    we do have some twat fans tbh cups games are the worse

thread is laff http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

sorry for the late reply on it @The Messiah had to do some more research

saying 35k is about right for West Ham is silly thats pretty much what we are now it was 31k average in the championship and just yesterday we got 25k on a cold Tuesday night against Wigan in the cup i dont think anyones suggesting were going to be pulling in 60k immediately but i would say it wouldnt be that crazy to suggest we could start off at the low 40ks and hope to grow it from there over time through a mixture of sensible pricing and investment in the team
    Again the assumption that you will both stay in the Premiership, and that your fan base will grow is what is actually silly.

If Chelsea can't sell tickets for Champions League games, what makes you think you could fill a 45K stadium by being a mid-table side without European football?

The right size stadium is one that you can consistently just about fill regardless of the competition. Arsenal's and Man United's stadium are about right for them. There was the option for the Emirates to be bigger, but it wasn't reasonable to create an 80,000 seater stadium given expected matchday sales for certain games. I have no doubt we could fill 80,000 for the games against our rivals, Champions League games, but I doubt we'd fill it for a Capital One Cup game against Reading.

Tottenham definitely have room for expansion when you look at their numbers. They need another 10/15K added to their stadium. The same is not true of West Ham.

there were supposedly about 70k after tickets to the play-off final were not going to get those sort of numbers week in week out but it is an illustration that there is a larger existing fanbase than were probably credited with from those outside the club id also suggest that the new neighbourhoods being built all around the stadium will provide a boom for ticket sales over time as well there is going to be more new housing built around Stratford this decade than probably anywhere else in the UK
    See point above about filling stadium for smaller games. Arsenal could fill a 120K seater stadium for a Champions League semi-final against Barcelona. It doesn't mean Arsenal should have a bigger stadium.

so u would rather it go to Leyton Orient because they "admit they wouldnt fill it" the same club thats also admitted that it cant afford the tenancy on its own? when did West Ham ever claim they would fill it all the time?
    I'd rather it stayed as an athletics stadium with music events/concerts there.

What I said is that if a football club had to use it, I'd rather Leyton Orient had it with a capacity of 20-25K. The thing that West Ham fans don't care about is that there are lots of casual Orient fans. If West Ham are around the corner doing deals to fill up their empty stadium then a 10 year-old kid would much rather go and see West Ham/Wigan than see Leyton Orient/Darlington. Given that a kids ticket would be 5 at Orient and probably 10-15 at West Ham, parents aren't going to mind paying that premium to keep their child happy.

But like I said you lot don't give a shit about Orient... And are conveniently ignoring that very real problem you would create for them.

we have historically also not drawn nearly enough on the support of newer arrivals to East London which could change with a larger stadium in Stratford East London is a massive growth area for London and the UK as a whole for West Ham as a football club not to be able to tap into that would be foolish on the part of the owners and the fanbase

"It could be a fantastic development for the east of London. David Dein of Arsenal tells me the prospect of West Ham in the Olympic Stadium frightens him to death."

Dein is a knowledgeable man he knows the potential the same with Levy and no doubt his attempt to acquire the OS was done partly to hault our growth and erradicate our potential i would also suggest giving this blog a read sometime

http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.co.uk/
    Will read.

I can completely understand why West Ham want to ride on that East London growth gravy train. The Olympic Stadium is a ready-made option for you to use. If Arsenal had the option to use a stadium like that in North London and we were at the Emirates, of course I'd want them to go there. But that stadium could be put to better use, you guys can't guarantee Premiership football let alone consistently filling a 45K stadium and there are consequences that affect Orient.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

@The Messiah

for a start its most likely going to be 60k not 45k further more nobody at the club is suggesting it will be filled consistently it will for Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and teams doing well like Newcastle and Everton and the odd London derby against Fulham etc so pretty much half our home games but outside of that were probably looking at the 40-45k that is suggested reasonable for a team of West Hams size which is proportional to that of Villa and Everton according to studies and hasnt David Dein and Daniel Levy gone on record saying they fear of West Hams potential if they get in to a bigger stadium?

i dont see any real reason why anyone should be concerned for Leyton Orient themselves have a history of moving on to other peoples patches and have done ok out of it for the past decade the Olympic stadium is in the old county borough of West Ham therefore it is West Hams patch more than anyone elses we are currently located about 3 miles from Orient and i dont see why a mile or so closer would change much the club already do 1 kids tickets for some games so you cant really argue about West ham undercutting them in future Orient could easily do their own promotions seeing as their stadium now is half full all of the time

there is nothing to suggest that with investment West Hams fanbase would not grow we used to get bigger crowds than Chelsea before they got rich and successful and the point u made about the Ethiad not helping Man City to this date is not entirely true

Kenwright says Everton could have gone to Man City owners

Kenwright believes the Abu Dhabi group that invested in Manchester City could have ended up at Everton, if the club had had plans in place for a new stadium.
    By the time Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City in 2008, the club had been in the Premier League for six successive seasons and had just finished ninth. It had a new stadium, built by its local council, that could seat 48,000 fans; that, Khaldoon al-Mubarak has always affirmed, was a crucial factor in the decision to buy the club.
    number 1 on the list of reasons they were bought out by Abu Dhabi Group I.E the reason for their current success note that most of the other points could also apply to us in time

What were the benefits of owning Manchester City? Plenty, such as:

1.) Manchester City owned a new stadium, and had lots of unoccupied land adjacent to it.
    2.) This club was established in the Premier League
    3.) The club was popular and engrained into the fabric of its local community.
    4.) Their part of the city of in need of redevelopment and funding, especially due to the recession.
    5.) Although the club was an establised Premier League club, it still had lots of ways to grow and in ways that previous owners had not done before. It had a lot of untapped potential that wasnt recognised and it could be built with the vision of Sheikh Mansour.
    6.) The fact that the city is shared with more illustrious neighbours, Manchester United, was a good and quicker way of using the rivalry to catch up and get closer to the pinnacle of the sport.

great read btw http://www.footytube.com/forums/manc...er-city-25284/

and finally theres nothing particularly wrong with wanting the stadium to be used solely for athletics if the public agree that the 5 million upkeep per year is worth it for a few days a year of athletics this government does not believe that though hence the bidding process

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

As an aside the "Kids for a Quid" is the exact thing that will give Orient difficulty: http://www.whufcboxoffice.com/

Guys in Waltham Forest might not be arsed to get to Upton Park because of the way the tube lines lie, and will be happy to go to Orient instead. Being at Stratford makes it much easier to get there by bus, train or central line.

I'll respond to your post later.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

@The Messiah

for a start its most likely going to be 60k not 45k further more nobody at the club is suggesting it will be filled consistently it will for Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and teams doing well like Newcastle and Everton and the odd London derby against Fulham etc so pretty much half our home games but outside of that were probably looking at the 40-45k that is suggested reasonable for a team of West Hams size which is proportional to that of Villa and Everton according to studies and hasnt David Dein and Daniel Levy gone on record saying they fear of West Hams potential if they get in to a bigger stadium?
    My school teacher once told me I wouldn't amount to anything.

What people say is meaningless unless they back it up with evidence. As for their fears, it is based on 'potential'. If West Ham were to get regular European football, with a stadium that side of course you'd become a force. But Joe Cole had potential once. So did Adam Johnson...

Getting that stadium won't make you a cash-cow. Getting that stadium and performances on the pitch will.

i dont see any real reason why anyone should be concerned for Leyton Orient themselves have a history of moving on to other peoples patches and have done ok out of it for the past decade the Olympic stadium is in the old county borough of West Ham therefore it is West Hams patch more than anyone elses
    Please read that again. I know full well that the Olympic Park is just on Newham side of the Waltham Forest/Newham border but that as an excuse is absolutely ridiculous.

As for Leyton Orient's history, it is not relevant to the issue which we speak of now.

Like I said, West Ham fans don't give a shit. You are continuing to prove my point.

we are currently located about 3 miles from Orient and i dont see why a mile or so closer would change much the club already do 1 kids tickets for some games so you cant really argue about West ham undercutting them in future Orient could easily do their own promotions seeing as their stadium now is half full all of the time
    Transport links. I've alluded to this in my last post. If the stadium was built in Canning Town without the transport links of Stratford, I'd bet you Gold and Sullivan wouldn't want it.

there is nothing to suggest that with investment West Hams fanbase would not grow we used to get bigger crowds than Chelsea before they got rich and successful and the point u made about the Ethiad not helping Man City to this date is not entirely true
    I'm getting bored of your arguments being based on hope and conjecture. Man City had been in Premiership for seasons before they got a stadium. Kenwright 'believes'...

I wouldn't build a house for sale, in the hope someone might buy it. If West Ham end up doing a Wigna for 3 years and finishing 17/16th interest in buying you will remain limited.

number 1 on the list of reasons they were bought out by Abu Dhabi Group I.E the reason for their current success note that most of the other points could also apply to us in time

What were the benefits of owning Manchester City? Plenty, such as:

1.) Manchester City owned a new stadium, and had lots of unoccupied land adjacent to it.
    2.) This club was established in the Premier League
    3.) The club was popular and engrained into the fabric of its local community.
    4.) Their part of the city of in need of redevelopment and funding, especially due to the recession.
    5.) Although the club was an establised Premier League club, it still had lots of ways to grow and in ways that previous owners had not done before. It had a lot of untapped potential that wasnt recognised and it could be built with the vision of Sheikh Mansour.
    6.) The fact that the city is shared with more illustrious neighbours, Manchester United, was a good and quicker way of using the rivalry to catch up and get closer to the pinnacle of the sport.

great read btw http://www.footytube.com/forums/manc...er-city-25284/
    1.The Olympic Stadium and Park is public property as is the City of Manchester Stadium and the land around it. Man City spent 20million of their own money upgrading the stadium prior to moving in. The Olympic stadium has no fixed facilities of its own, apart from toilets. Everything else needed for a modern stadium was in tents during the Games. Then there's the roof, which is totally inadequate and would be completely hopeless in the winter as cover from the elements. Where's your P?

Additionally the area around the Ethiad stadium was used for various for warm up/media etc during the commonwealth games. It wasn't built to be a 'park' as such in the way the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The millions that Man City have spent on the area around them was part of the attraction for Sheikh Mansour. West Ham will not be able to build around the stadium, not on the Queen's 'Diamond Jubilee' park.

2. Are West Ham 'established'? I'll answer that for you:

( Click to show/hide )

3. Same for West Ham.

4. Development in East London has already happened. Man City have contributed to their area with their own money. Your club are looking for a free ride. You will not put any money into that stadium at all.

5. Vague and vacuous statement.

6. West Ham will never be the Primary club in London. Too far behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham. If I was going to buy a London club today, I'd choose Fulham. Stable club. Scope to build on the other end of Bishop's Park and give the old land back to the council.

and finally theres nothing particularly wrong with wanting the stadium to be used solely for athletics if the public agree that the 5 million upkeep per year is worth it for a few days a year of athletics this government does not believe that though hence the bidding process
    It should be the home of UK Athletics. The public more than agree with this. [Source: BBC News]

The stadium should be used for athletics after 2012: 70% agree, 26% disagree
    After the Olympics there is no need for an athletics stadium: 16% agree, 77% disagree
    It would damage the legacy if the stadium cannot hold athletics after 2012: 63% agree, 31% disagree
    The stadium should be dismantled and rebuilt as a football stadium after 2012: 14% agree, 81% disagree
    Athletics is not popular enough to justify keeping a purpose-built athletics stadium: 25% agree, 68% disagree

And because the Government doesn't believe it is worth the money they are right? I look forward to never hearing from you about Government's not working for the people. Since when does the Government listen to the people anyway?

The Government is selling to the highest bidder to make money. That is their motivation. Not what is best for the area. You know this to be true so don't make yourself sound like an idiot trying to defend this.

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

meh @The Messiah u seem fully against us getting it whatever i say tbh anti or pro stance it is likely to be one of the biggest events in our clubs history if we get the move nobody expects other clubs to fully welcome it with open arms

at least just wait for the decision to officially be announced then the club can release plans and details over the coming years

new post from David Gold

by David Gold
    2nd October 2012 5:40pm
    Exclusive

I've believed for many years that there's something beyond on pitch performances missing from the West Ham United psyche.

It's a fact of football life that your spending power usually determines where you finish in the league but in our case that's simply not the situation.

Over the years we are the eighth highest spenders yet our League positions have averaged out at around 22nd.

Manchester United – and latterly Manchester City – have become the nation's biggest spenders and the result is that they top the League.

In London, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea – because of their spending power – have always been safe yet over in our neck of the woods, we have problems.

I still haven't put my finger on the problem but believe it may have something to do with the area we are in which to put it simply is rotting and in decay.

I'm allowed to say that because I was born in Green Street – where we are located – and know full well that anything that is done to improve the area will be a Godsend.

We as a club, too, have to embrace change which is why we have grabbed the huge opportunity before us and bid for the new Olympic Stadium where we are desperately keen – and believe we will - become anchor tenants.

Nobody has yet given a firm date as to when the decision will be made but surely it has to be very soon – like hopefully mid-October.

It's time for it to happen so we can all move on with our lives. Boris Johnson, the mayor of London, said recently the letting committee weren't necessarily wedded to football but look at any former Olympic Stadium around the world and they are either locked up and empty or home to a football club.

We want to believe and and hope that the Olympic Park will be ours – a stadium where we can house 60,000 and provide good affordable tickets.

It will allow us to leave a legacy to Green Street – where I was born and brought up. It's up to the local Newham Council what becomes of the Boleyn Ground but the truth is whatever happens can only be an improvement to a run-down area.

We as a club will become even more attractive than we are now which will help in the transfer market when bidding for to players.

I understand all those whose spiritual home will forever be at Upton Park but as Sir Geoff Hurst – one of our greatest heroes said recently – it's time to move forward and embrace the future.

David Gold, West Ham United co-owner.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

meh @The Messiah u seem fully against us getting it whatever i say tbh anti or pro stance it is likely to be one of the biggest events in our clubs history if we get the move nobody expects other clubs to fully welcome it with open arms

at least just wait for the decision to officially be announced then the club can release plans and details over the coming years
    I have made no secret of the fact that I do not think West Ham are worthy of that stadium. I'm not alone in that thinking.

new post from David Gold

by David Gold
    2nd October 2012 5:40pm
    Exclusive

I've believed for many years that there's something beyond on pitch performances missing from the West Ham United psyche.

It's a fact of football life that your spending power usually determines where you finish in the league but in our case that's simply not the situation.

Over the years we are the eighth highest spenders yet our League positions have averaged out at around 22nd.

Manchester United and latterly Manchester City have become the nation's biggest spenders and the result is that they top the League.

In London, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea because of their spending power have always been safe yet over in our neck of the woods, we have problems.

I still haven't put my finger on the problem but believe it may have something to do with the area we are in which to put it simply is rotting and in decay.

I'm allowed to say that because I was born in Green Street where we are located and know full well that anything that is done to improve the area will be a Godsend.

We as a club, too, have to embrace change which is why we have grabbed the huge opportunity before us and bid for the new Olympic Stadium where we are desperately keen and believe we will - become anchor tenants.

Nobody has yet given a firm date as to when the decision will be made but surely it has to be very soon like hopefully mid-October.

It's time for it to happen so we can all move on with our lives. Boris Johnson, the mayor of London, said recently the letting committee weren't necessarily wedded to football but look at any former Olympic Stadium around the world and they are either locked up and empty or home to a football club.

We want to believe and and hope that the Olympic Park will be ours a stadium where we can house 60,000 and provide good affordable tickets.

It will allow us to leave a legacy to Green Street where I was born and brought up. It's up to the local Newham Council what becomes of the Boleyn Ground but the truth is whatever happens can only be an improvement to a run-down area.

We as a club will become even more attractive than we are now which will help in the transfer market when bidding for to players.

I understand all those whose spiritual home will forever be at Upton Park but as Sir Geoff Hurst one of our greatest heroes said recently it's time to move forward and embrace the future.

David Gold, West Ham United co-owner.
    Such a bullshit PR letter.

"I still haven't put my finger on the problem but believe it may have something to do with the area we are in which to put it simply is rotting and in decay."

Admittedly on one side of the Emirates you have Islington proper, but on the other side you've got the Woodberry estates etc.

Tottenham High Street isn't exactly a pretty place either.

"It will allow us to leave a legacy to Green Street where I was born and brought up. It's up to the local Newham Council what becomes of the Boleyn Ground but the truth is whatever happens can only be an improvement to a run-down area."

Council will build on it and make a token park. Fuck off about Green Street legacy. If West Ham kept ownership of the ground then Gold would have a point, as he could dictate what would happen with it.

"We as a club will become even more attractive than we are now which will help in the transfer market when bidding for to players."

Just like Sunderland eh with their Stadium of Light?

"I understand all those whose spiritual home will forever be at Upton Park but as Sir Geoff Hurst one of our greatest heroes said recently it's time to move forward and embrace the future."

Thierry Henry says that Arsene Wenger must go therefore it must be true...

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

@The Messiah Man City moved to the Etihad in the summer of 2003 after just one season back in the PL where they finished 9th im assuming they would have had an agreement in place long before the 2002 Games too

they were no more established than us now when they decided to go in to that stadium

West Ham will never be the Primary club in London.
    i agree about the primary club bit we know our place but look at Chelsea in the 90s and what money done to them nobody knows what could happen in football

will reply to the post from David Gold post another time im off to bed

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

@The Messiah Man City moved to the Etihad in the summer of 2003 after just one season back in the PL where they finished 9th im assuming they would have had an agreement in place long before the 2002 Games too

they were no more established than us now when they decided to go in to that stadium
    The deal was made before their promotion. The reduction to a 45K capacity was an admission of the knowledge of their limits in putting seats on bums.

There's the other issue of City actually having money to spend on renovating the stadium, not fucking over a lower league team within a football kicking distance and so on...

vCash

Can confirm Everton do regularly have general sales as I've been a few times that way
    As do Newcastle (53,000 ish seats)
    So...

vCash

What better way to improve the area he grew up in than leave it and move down the road eh?

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    The deal was made before their promotion. The reduction
    no more established than us now then followed by a 16th place finish which would cue people queuing up to laugh and say why did we move

The reduction to a 45K capacity was an admission of the knowledge of their limits in putting seats on bums.
    is this actually true? i always thought it was reduced due to the work to make it a football stadium like the Olympic stadium will be West Ham didnt design the stadium and its not our fault it needs converting nobody knows our final capacity yet who knows if a few thousand seats may be lost with the new roof and retractable seats are fitted etc

There's the other issue of City actually having money to spend on renovating the stadium,
    all be it from Wikipedia

The total cost of this conversion was in excess of 40 million, with the track, pitch and seating conversion being funded by the city council at a cost of 22 million

and the installation of bars, restaurants and corporate entertainment areas throughout the stadium being funded by the football club at a cost of 20 million
    remember that the Olympic stadium will be bigger and more work needed our loan will be 40 million and according to the Newham mayor the risk will be really really minimal

then on our owners they have money and are great businessmen who know what they are doing we own and fully mortage Upton park and the training ground plus run 3 other plots of land which i dont know the ins and outs of

not fucking over a lower league team within a football kicking distance and so on...
    lol at keep going on about Leyton Orient like Arsenal would care about there rivals or moving on to a rivals land Hearn is a absolutely hated by Orient fans btw and the same man who was happy for Tottenham to get the stadium then wanted to ground share it with us

like it or not West Ham are the only option that would not see the Olympic Stadium being a virtual white elephant and a continual burden to the public purse

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Can confirm Everton do regularly have general sales as I've been a few times that way
    As do Newcastle (53,000 ish seats)
    So...
    . saying never was bullshit Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    What better way to improve the area he grew up in than leave it and move down the road eh?
    improving the club he loves and building a legacy >>>

vCash

improving the club he loves and building a legacy >>>
    So football club >>> area he grew up in?

Reppin
    The Al-Zebabist Nation
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by quality View Post
    So football club >>> area he grew up in?
    can confirm bro its still in the area of Newham anyway

lol at Hearns latest idea

Leyton Orient will change their name to ‘London Orient’ if they succeed in their bid to ground-share in the Olympic Stadium alongside West Ham United.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...on-Orient.html