Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Naruto Guest

Default Shoulders/Chest/Back/Bicep/Tricep Workouts

I'm going to the gym by myself now until August cos the guys I used to go with go at 8pm after work n that usually, and the footballer guy I was going with has started work again and my boy is a lazy shit who I'm pumping more than now lol, so I just wanted to see what workouts everybody's doing to see if I can add/switch up mine. Going gym in about an hour and I'm gonna work some shoulders, so thought I'd start with my shoulder workout.

Would appreciate if guys posted theirs after (shoulders chest back whatever you want):

Warm up on machine shoulder press
    3 sets 12/10/8 (increasing weight each time)
    Dumbell shoulder press
    3 sets 12/12/12
    Front dumbell raise
    3 sets 12/12/12
    Shrugs with 20kg holding weight each hand
    3 sets 20/20/30

I don't really know about any other machines/exercises that are simple n convenient.

Post your workouts for whatever body parts ITT

John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    vCash

lateral raises for shoulders, they are a must. smith shoulder press also, i don't like behind the neck presses cause it doesn't feel like a natural movement. I prefer decline bench over any of the three as I feel it works the chest the most (it does), flat I never do personally, and I do incline dumbells and occasionally barbell. cables for chest, don't focus too much on weight focus more on getting a stretch and squeezing the chest. cable fly raises for shoulders are good also. bi's and tri's are quite straight forward. Get yourself some wraps and do barbell shrugs instead of DB as I find it's easier to keep form stricter (with db's you tend to bend your arms almost like a fractional bicep curl as they get heavier, this is cheating). Lat pull down, dumbell rows, t-bar rows and seated row for back.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Naruto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Travolta View Post
    lateral raises for shoulders, they are a must. smith shoulder press also, i don't like behind the neck presses cause it doesn't feel like a natural movement. I prefer decline bench over any of the three as I feel it works the chest the most (it does), flat I never do personally, and I do incline dumbells and occasionally barbell. cables for chest, don't focus too much on weight focus more on getting a stretch and squeezing the chest. cable fly raises for shoulders are good also. bi's and tri's are quite straight forward. Get yourself some wraps and do barbell shrugs instead of DB as I find it's easier to keep form stricter (with db's you tend to bend your arms almost like a fractional bicep curl as they get heavier, this is cheating). Lat pull down, dumbell rows, t-bar rows and seated row for back.
    safe safe.

lateral raises are like front dumbell raise but just both at the same time and with ur arms extended to ur side right? dont understand all the terminology but im slowly getting dere lol.

i've just remembered that i do 3 sets on i think its called leverage shoulder press?

how much reps do you guys do per set generally? cos i do about 12 first one easy and then when i go onto the 2nd one i feel like 12 is too much, like i should just be doing 8 constantly. cos the footballer guy used to make me do 15 and ive realised that was more for his benefits (endurance) cos he goes gym like 5-6 days a week and he's been the same small size for over a year, just ripped with very little body fat like 10% or something lol

oh and say im doing the leverage shoulder press for example, and on the 3rd/last set i wanna go up a weight, is it bad to only do 6-8 reps where i was doing 12 before?

Reppin
    Leeds
    vCash

Lateral raises are solid to do at first with proper form swear I can only manage 15lbs with dumbbells doing them lol.

I was using the workouts and exercises from this a little while ago http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-...-overview.html without the forced negative reps or whatever cos I usually workout on my own, had to stop for a week or two though cos I've got my arm tattooed so squeezing any weight feels like my arms about to explode.

Reppin
    Luton
    vCash

Today i managed to do 160kg shrugs felt nice.

Reppin
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fewie View Post
    Today i managed to do 160kg shrugs felt nice.
    with wraps?

Reppin
    Luton
    vCash

Yea defo, was doing about 100 a month ago with out em bought a pair & so far am up to 160 for about 7 reps the last few wasnt huge shrugs (if you know what i mean)

Wish I bought wraps in the first place can go so much heavier with them

vCash

Monday biceps and back .

stretches and 15 minute treadmill

Bicep exercise 1

Warm up no weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight

Bicep exercise 2

no weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight

Back exercise 1

light weight
    light weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight

Back exercise 2

light weight
    light weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight
    add weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday triceps and chest

Wednesday REST

Thursday Legs and shoulders

Friday treadmill , bike , abs

Naruto Guest

would have been nice to know what exercises u were doing bro

Reppin
    vCash

@Kebab

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

say nada, what machines you got in your gym bro? pullover machine? reverse pull down?

vCash

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/

That's a useful website I used when I used to do weights by myself (don't like using barbells without a spotter)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.G. View Post
    Now please, enjoy your 'Manchester United' thread and stop mentioning Liverpool so much, were not rivals.
    Thanks for confirming bro

John Travolta is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    vCash

lateral raises aren't that hard, keep your arms slightly bent and in front of you and then do the raise. I can lat raise 12kg dbs for 10 easy. kebab aim to get between 6-10 reps out, as you increase the weight try keep the reps to 8, final set is ok to drop to like 6. depends if you're trying to get stronger really, in which case you should do 5x5. I think you should just do 5x5 for now to get your strength up and build a base (5 sets of 5 reps). I'm going to post a progress photo mid july and another at the start of august when my 3 week cut finishes.

Naruto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Travolta View Post
    lateral raises aren't that hard, keep your arms slightly bent and in front of you and then do the raise. I can lat raise 12kg dbs for 10 easy. kebab aim to get between 6-10 reps out, as you increase the weight try keep the reps to 8, final set is ok to drop to like 6. depends if you're trying to get stronger really, in which case you should do 5x5. I think you should just do 5x5 for now to get your strength up and build a base (5 sets of 5 reps). I'm going to post a progress photo mid july and another at the start of august when my 3 week cut finishes.
    i tried doing them lateral raises today lol i done reps of 12 3 sets @ 6.5kg lol it was hurting quite a lot tbh. i picked up the 15lb dumbells on the 2nd set and pumped out 7 reps but i done it at the very end of my enter shoulder workout just before my shrugs so i was in pain as it was and i thought fuck this lool.

i think my shoulder workouts quite sick now was very pleased when i left the gym

BIGLEE is offline Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    Reppin
    London
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan El Shaarawy View Post
    @Kebab

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

say nada, what machines you got in your gym bro? pullover machine? reverse pull down?
    safe for that link gonna try this out tomorrow

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLEE View Post
    safe for that link gonna try this out tomorrow

Although more or less my usual routine for chest, he gave some good tips e.g. toe down for concentration curls.

Naruto Guest

Don't know what to work today lol, I done chest and bi's on tuesday, shoulders when I made this thread and done back yesterday.

Not particularly feeling to do legs, and I don't know how to spend a whole session doing triceps lol?

Reppin
    Sikhs/B 2 Da L/BallanceRd
    vCash

l0l
    P - Money: "...I'm sick and tired of people like this guy just ruining shit- like he will go places and just spread nothing but bad vibes and name for grime"

Jammer: "-and negative"

Words on BIG H - Cry babies gona cry baby

Naruto Guest

help me out @Shanger @John Travolta @NSF

goin gym in an hour or so

Reppin
    Sikhs/B 2 Da L/BallanceRd
    vCash

tues chest bis
    wed shoulders
    thurs back

so thts what uve done this week?

silly doin shoulders day after chest both pressing movements, triceps havent recovered from tues .

just do legs and abs today.

or if u really dont want to do legs, do some cardio to burn off some off tht excess fat uve no doubt put on from ur dirty filthy bulk.
    P - Money: "...I'm sick and tired of people like this guy just ruining shit- like he will go places and just spread nothing but bad vibes and name for grime"

Jammer: "-and negative"

Words on BIG H - Cry babies gona cry baby

Naruto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shanger View Post
    tues chest bis
    wed shoulders
    thurs back

so thts what uve done this week?

silly doin shoulders day after chest both pressing movements, triceps havent recovered from tues .

just do legs and abs today.

or if u really dont want to do legs, do some cardio to burn off some off tht excess fat uve no doubt put on from ur dirty filthy bulk.
    yeah it was a bit silly but its cos i went with a friend n we had different routines so i didnt really mind. i've been eating clean, decided not to dirty bulk cos i wanna look quite ripped n big, not just big/stocky lol

im thinking to see how i feel doing some bi's n chest today cos it hurts but i think i can hack it.