Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    vCash

Ribery never had a chance really, imo he wasn't even Bayern's best player last season.

Block19 is offline Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Ribery never had a chance really, imo he wasn't even Bayern's best player last season.
    He wasnt far behind tbf! Hard for him to top it this year though, that might have been his chance. Who would you rate above him for Bayern?

On a side note, i think Robben is madly underrated
    everything potent we get it from where they make it

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post
    He wasnt far behind tbf! Hard for him to top it this year though, that might have been his chance. Who would you rate above him for Bayern?

Wasn't far behind, maybe 2nd. I think Schweinsteiger was the best.

I agree on that was his best chance to win the award, won't top last season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Block19 View Post

Him and Ribery are going absolutely mad this year. Wonder if they'll fulfil the promise, could see them just getting knocked out by Arsenal.

grimeoriginal is offline Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    Reppin
    Manchester
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jefferies View Post
    Haven't seen any posts on this thread sucking Ronaldo's dick tbh.

He deserved it simple.

vCash

The right player won in the end to be fair.

Lol at that picture with Messi and him though, where was Messi's biatch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

Reppin
    Netherforum
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hij View Post
    The right player won in the end to be fair.

Lol at that picture with Messi and him though, where was Messi's biatch?
    the one on ronaldos lap is messis girl. photoshop.
    sure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Alter E-ghost View Post
    the one on ronaldos lap is messis girl. photoshop.
    Oh that makes sense then

I just thought Ronaldo had 2 bitches with him at the time lo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack 1017 View Post
    Suarez is probably the best player in the world

Kris Packet is offline I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    Reppin
    Northern Dunya
    vCash

Ronaldo >>>>>

vCash

This one has got the most parity for a while now. All three could win it and be worthy winners.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

This one has got the most parity for a while now. All three could win it and be worthy winners.
    Nah there's no parity this year. Ronaldo has been the better player in 2014 and beats Messi on all counts. More goals per game. More assists per game. Messi won nothing last year, whilst Ronaldo got the Champions League...

1. Ronaldo
    2. Neuer
    3. Messi

That's the order it should be. But Messi has the FIFA bullshit voting factor in his favour and will come second based on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

Ro-Man Roader is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    vCash

I thought all along that Ronaldo would win it hands down. But I've got a sneaky feeling Neuer is going to win it for winning the World Cup. Ronaldo deserves it TBH.
    Last edited by Ro-Man Roader; 12th January '15 at 04:31 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Nah there's no parity this year. Ronaldo has been the better player in 2014 and beats Messi on all counts. More goals per game. More assists per game. Messi won nothing last year, whilst Ronaldo got the Champions League...

1. Ronaldo
    2. Neuer
    3. Messi

That's the order it should be. But Messi has the FIFA bullshit voting factor in his favour and will come second based on that.
    Pedant alert but you get a medal for finishing as runners up in a World Cup. There's really next to fuck all in it on stats, 3 goals and 1 assist in Ronaldo's favour is hardly a gulf. I think dragging your team to a WC Final is a reasonable counter to that point.

Neuer is a worthy winner as well.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Pedant alert but you get a medal for finishing as runners up in a World Cup. There's really next to fuck all in it on stats, 3 goals and 1 assist in Ronaldo's favour is hardly a gulf. I think dragging your team to a WC Final is a reasonable counter to that point.

Neuer is a worthy winner as well.
    Pedant alert #2 :

Win, verb
    1. be successful or victorious in (a contest or conflict)

Getting to a certain position doesn't consistute as winning anything, as Arsenal fans are frequently told. Messi was not sucessful or victorious in football-related competition, other than winning the Golden Ball, and even he was embarassed about that.

The point I made was on goals and assists per game. The BBC infographics highlight it but also point it out in an an alternative way - Ronaldo averaged a goal every 62 La Liga minutes and Messi every 97. Both are awesome rates, but there is a clear significant difference.

As for the World Cup, Ronaldo had a lower caliber of players around him, dragged them to the competition proper due to his performance against Sweden in the play-offs int he first place, and has Pepe to thank for fucking up Portugal's campaign. Messi had Aguero, Di Maria and Mascherano in his team...

Ro-Man Roader is offline Your Posts Sound Out Of Date And Expired
    I Check My CP, Got Bare Admires
    vCash

Interesting what Messi says at 33:35, he doesn't usually give any hints about leaving. I honestly think he's bored at Barcelona, he's done it all. Would love to see him play in the EPL, no matter what club.

Last edited by Ro-Man Roader; 12th January '15 at 05:29 PM.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

The boos Messi got when he stepped onto the red carpet...

Live show will be available here:

vCash

Pedant alert #2 :

Win, verb
    1. be successful or victorious in (a contest or conflict)

Getting to a certain position doesn't consistute as winning anything, as Arsenal fans are frequently told. Messi was not sucessful or victorious in football-related competition, other than winning the Golden Ball, and even he was embarassed about that.
    It does if there are multiple prizes. There are three winners at the Olympics in terms of the prize but only one can win the race, so I would say that definition doesn't contradict what I said. There are three lots of medals awarded for World Cup 1st, 2nd and 3rd place so Messi did by default win something, even if it wasn't the main prize.

The point I made was on goals and assists per game. The BBC infographics highlight it but also point it out in an an alternative way - Ronaldo averaged a goal every 62 La Liga minutes and Messi every 97. That is clearly a statiscially significant difference.

As for the World Cup, Ronaldo had a lower caliber of players around him, dragged them to the competition proper due to his performance against Sweden in the play-offs int he first place, and has Pepe to thank for fucking up Portugal's campaign. Messi had Aguero, Di Maria and Mascherano in his team...
    That was in 2013, the Ballon d'Or for that year has already been awarded. In the World Cup matches in 2014 he was shit in all of them.

Those stats don't really paint the full picture, it's only one competition. Though if there are stats to argue Ronaldo's case in other competitions that would be fair. Messi scored more in the World Cup and Copa del Rey, Ronaldo scored more in the league and European Cup. Overall I don't think it's a gulf.

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

It does if there are multiple prizes. There are three winners at the Olympics in terms of the prize but only one can win the race, so I would say that definition doesn't contradict what I said. There are three lots of medals awarded for World Cup 1st, 2nd and 3rd place so Messi did by default win something, even if it wasn't the main prize.
    So if you get a medal you've won something? Noted. This will inevitably be quoted in future...

That was in 2013, the Ballon d'Or for that year has already been awarded. In the World Cup matches in 2014 he was shit in all of them.
    The point was in the calibre of players of Portgual and Argentina, not that those efforts should be noted for this competition. His effort in those play-offs were probably part of the reason he won the award last year.

Messi isn't a shit national team, and he didn't have a great tournament in the way James Rodrigues did.

Those stats don't really paint the full picture, it's only one competition. Though if there are stats to argue Ronaldo's case in other competitions that would be fair. Messi scored more in the World Cup and Copa del Rey, Ronaldo scored more in the league and European Cup. Overall I don't think it's a gulf.
    Yeah but those stats paint the pitcure well enough - its the competiton in which they both play the most games and score the most goals. Adding in other competitions in which they play fewer games is not going to skew the data massively. In all club games Ronaldo's goals and assists ratio beats those of Messi, the infographic shows that already (52 goals and 17 assists in 43 games and 49 goals and 17 assists in 53 games respectively)

During 2014 in 66 appearances, Messi had 21 assists and 58 goals for club and country (0.87 goal ratio). Ronaldo in 60 appearances for club and country had 22 assists and 61 goals (1.01 goal ratio).

So Ronaldo averages a goal a game according to the La Liga stats and the club and country game ratio. Messi averages a goal most games in both sets of data. Like I said, the picture is not skewed significantly by adding in the other comeptitions.

vCash

lol if Neuer wins it <

Simeone for coach of the year.

vCash

So if you get a medal you've won something?
    Yes, you've won a medal. Unless you bought it off eBay or something & didn't acquire it via competition.

The point was in the calibre of players of Portgual and Argentina, not that those efforts should be noted for this competition. His effort in those play-offs were probably part of the reason he won the award last year.

Messi isn't a shit national team, and he didn't have a great tournament in the way James Rodrigues did.
    Argentina are stronger than Portugal, but I think he did have a great tournament. He's the reason they won four out of seven matches, at least.

Yeah but those stats paint the pitcure well enough - its the competiton in which they both play the most games and score the most goals. Adding in other competitions in which they play fewer games is not going to skew the data massively. In all club games Ronaldo's goals and assists ratio beats those of Messi, the infographic shows that already (52 goals and 17 assists in 43 games and 49 goals and 17 assists in 53 games respectively)

During 2014 in 66 appearances, Messi had 21 assists and 58 goals for club and country (0.87 goal ratio). Ronaldo in 60 appearances for club and country had 22 assists and 61 goals (1.01 goal ratio).

So Ronaldo averages a goal a game according to the La Liga stats and the club and country game ratio. Messi averages a goal most games in both sets of data. Like I said, the picture is not skewed significantly by adding in the other comeptitions.
    Not a great deal of difference really. Add his World Cup contribution and it's enough to say there is some parity.